Husqvarna yt48XLS auto-lock differential/hydrostatic

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Husqvarna yt48XLS auto-lock differential/hydrostatic
I looked again at Jacks and no call out there for the trans type on Husq GT48XLSi. I pulled up the manual , 72pp, and no call out there. Very little in the manual on the lsd .
Only that it should stop before actuating switch on dash. Mentions is will tear turf. On the hill section no discussion at all of the lsd which seems weird.

Mowers Direct does specify K 66 on the Husq GTH52XLS. Also they show Cub Cadet GT 50 with K 58, apparently non lsd.

gainestruk

Threads
Motoman you are correct the GT48Lsi has a K66 I looked at one late last year at dealer.
The OP said it was YT48XLS and I looked it up on Partstree and it showed K46.

I wish origional poster would come back and let us know for sure what he has and serial # of tractor.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I find the model designations of lawn tractors a baffling hodge podge of gobbledegook which is a moving target. By the time I focus on a model I want to price out it no longer appears. Just like consumer reports on almost anything I look at..TVs to paint....Oh, that model is superseded. What a cluster f. Anyway perhaps the "i" suffix signifies lsd on the Husqy? Further, Craftsman doesnt even show the main model number now, instead a multi digit numeric model which tells nothing. Anyone who provides a decoding for us will be applauded.

ingigo

Threads
I apologize for the delay, had to get the phone and internet and all that tech replaced. Thank you for all the comments and research.

2015 Husqvarna model YT48XLS made in Orangeburg, SC (serial number 060214A1200) with a 26hp V-Twin Kohler engine.
Belt driven transmission. Transmission has a sticker that reads TUFF TORQ 7A646084321 S/N: 46CRO125196
HOP PN 42121

The transmission is an AUTO locking differential (no manual activation). Like gainestruk said, it is just like Posi-trac. I even have GOAT sticker for the rear of the tractor:laughing:
If you try to turn too fast or have the wrong tires you can rip the turf up. Just drive it like a larger tractor, no whipping around trees and be very easy with the hydrostatic pedal. I can mow the property faster now, and not get stuck or fear about sliding down a hill.

The 2015 left the Kawa motor for a Kohler, and the new fabricated deck can mow down small fields like nothing while still protecting you if you run over a mine. Of couse they added a "Turbo" pulley on top of the right mandrel to make bagging grass easier. They never thought that the taller mandrel hitting the bottom of the frame and reducing the height you can raise the deck, need I even say engineers?:thumbdown:

I am considering installing a Mojack Hitch + System - Multi-Use Hitch Model #48401. Any experience or comments on if it with make towing safer for the tractor and frame? Why do companies require a minimum of 22" rear tires for a sleeve hitch?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you for all the feedback!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why do companies require a minimum of 22" rear tires for a sleeve hitch?

Stronger rear ends comes with bigger tires.

ingigo

Threads
What are the taller, narrower tires and wheels for garden tractors for? I understand the increase in torque demands a larger diff, but wider tires have more rubber on the terrain. Why not a smaller, wider "mowing" tire with a larger differential? Basically I want to pull and push, load and dump with diff attachments. I just do not wanna tax the machine too much. It needs to last. 26 hp could put this tractor and differential to pieces, so engine power is no problem. It seems the ground engaging equipment is hard on things as the 'ol Ford LGT100 is like a mechanical bull when roto-tilling with a PTO shaft. The Ford is not mine though.:frown: They just do not make things like they used to, but I would like to take advantage of what they do make now. In the future the mowers will just operate the humans like the kids and their "phones" now.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
All the GT's I've dealt with have taller wider tires. I have not looked at new models.

ingigo

Threads
Why do they have taller wheels though. Is it because they sink into the dirt when using ground engaging attachments or do they make snow plowing and pulling light attachments and or carts wagonswith large loads easier?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Small tires would slip and spin easier with the torque needed to move the ground engagement.

ingigo

Threads
Thank you very much. For mowing, the wider smaller diameter tires work better. Any equipment I could use with the smaller tires and less torque?