Repairs Husqvarna Tractor Drive Belt Shredded

NewCountryGirl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a Husqvarna YTH26V54 on April 12th of this year. When I first got it, it mowed great. I was thrilled. Last week, when I had finished mowing the front yard it suddenly sounded "different" and then stopped moving. The blades kept going but the mower would not move. My son looked it over and found that the tractor drive belt was shredded in two. Is this a common problem with a Husq tractor? I know I've got to get a new belt but I'd sure like to know what happened and if there is anything I can do to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you bought it this year, DO NOT TOUCH IT. Your unit is under warranty and if you try to repair it yourself, you could void the warranty. Take the unit to an authorized Husqvarna dealer and have it repaired under your warranty agreement.

TnHusky

Threads
If you bought it this year, DO NOT TOUCH IT. Your unit is under warranty and if you try to repair it yourself, you could void the warranty. Take the unit to an authorized Husqvarna dealer and have it repaired under your warranty agreement.

X2 :thumbsup:

NewCountryGirl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tx, guys. You confirmed what I thought. At first i was going to replace the belt (just in case it was my fault it shredded) but then I thought better. Now to figure a way to get it to an authorized dealer.

Learning all the things husband did for 25 years. Quite a learning curve! Glad I appreciated him while I could. :smile:

And I appreciate your responses.

gizmo2851

Forum Newbie
Threads
Let us know how you make out...

phcaan

Threads
Well, what did you find out? what did the dealer say? is it fixed?