Husqvarna RZ4619 running rich

jimvw57

Threads
Last year when I got this, it wouldn't run at fast idle unless choke was on. I replaced the carb, fuel, filter, etc and it ran great for the rest of the year. This year it ran fin until about a month or so ago and now to run at fast idle, it runs rich, with a bit of black smoke out the exhaust. If i slow the idle down, it runs smooth, just less power when mowing. Plug looks OK, just black and sooty, I added some Stabil and it helped a little, tried draining gas and using fresh stuff (no ethanol) but still running rich. Got a new air filter and another set of plugs to try next but open to ideas.. I suppose a different carb??

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
what Make and Model engine do you have on it?

jimvw57

Threads
update: I pulled the air filter and replaced it, the old one felt quite a bit heavier than the new one. ???? also put a new spark plug on. Hopefully trying it out later today...

Son cut the grass and it still seems to bog down when making turns with the blades engaged. The throttle lever acts flooded until it is about 3/4 back from fast stop. Choke seems to be shutting off correctly,maybe wrong jets in carb??

Last edited: