Husqvarna Rider 322T awd Hill Climbing Problem

foothillsglenn

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 322T is 6 years old with about 250 hours, love the job it does, in spite of some of its quirks. Maintain it regularly, including changing the transmission oil and filter last year. It has started to lose power going up hill. Acts like a drive belt is slipping, which could be the problem. Or, acts like the transmissions are not producing power. Have never replaced the drive belt, but it looks good and it's a notched belt. Plan to first try belt conditioner, then order belt. Hate to think about a transmission problem. Any thoughts out there?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At 6 years old and 250 hours, the first thing I would do is replace the drive belt and make sure that the tension idler pulleys are good and running smoothly.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't use belt conditioner (dressing) on modern EPDM belts. It will actually degrade the belt. It's designed for use on neoprene rubber belts which are no longer commonly used.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My quick & dirty test for trannys is to put the mower on my trailer ramps with the brake off.
If I have to pull it off and there is considerable resistance then it is in perfect condition
If it sits there and does not move under its own weight then the tranny is OK
If it rolls down under it's own weight then the tranny comes out & goes to the tranny man for refurbishment.

This test works even if there is no belt on the drive because you are testing the resistance of the tranny to move ( reversing the system & turning the motors into pumps ) .
What i have found with my customers mowers is they get a heavy build up of fine dust around the controls that sets really hard & restricts the movement of the controls.