Husqvarna ride on

Derek

Threads
My neighbour asked me for some help with his mower. It was smoking real bad would barely run. Then It started spitting oil out. Turns out gas flowed into the crankcase Through the breather tube And overfilled it. I am looking for a new carb for it, dealer says they are discontinued. It is an older model with a briggs engine. It is a 17 horse Crown series motor. Where would I look for a carb? Amazon or is a rebuild kit available too? I changed the oil and spark plug on it and it was running great, I am going to put a fuel shutoff on it so he can keep using it. put some sea foam in the tank to see it. That helps. I suspect the rubber on the needle is shot. Any help or ideas.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would post the model, type and code numbers for the engine, it would help your cause. With out them we have no idea which of the hundred different 17 HP engines Briggs produced.

Derek

Threads
Thanks for the reply on this. Hopefully this will help.
17 hp Briggs and Stratton. Crown series
model 311777
type 0164-E1
code 010226ZE

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The Nikki carb uses repair kit 695427 which is showing in stock at Briggs distribution The Walbro uses the 690191 kit is available but currently in a backorder situation, but other sources may have them in stock.

Also as a side note since this a briggs OHV single cylinder, the smoking could also be a sign of a blown head gasket.

Derek

Threads
The Nikki carb uses repair kit 695427 which is showing in stock at Briggs distribution The Walbro uses the 690191 kit is available but currently in a backorder situation, but other sources may have them in stock.

Also as a side note since this a briggs OHV single cylinder, the smoking could also be a sign of a blown head gasket.
Thanks. Once we changed out the oil and fired it up again it ran perfect with no smoke at all. So I am confident everything else is fine. It is resolving the fuel free flowing through the carb.

Derek

Threads
Any chance of getting the model number of the Walbro carb. It looks to be the one. Amazon has some maybe knockoffs though

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1725291762670.png
Two different version were used so look for the LMT number. Usually on the mounting flange
698782 supersedes to 791889
698620 supersedes to 799727

Can't recommend going with an after market but it is your gamble...

Skippydiesel

Threads
Thanks. Once we changed out the oil and fired it up again it ran perfect with no smoke at all. So I am confident everything else is fine. It is resolving the fuel free flowing through the carb.
I fit ALL my ride ones with a manual fuel shut off. Saves all those concerns about overflow into crankcase and avoids fuel spills when cleaning float bows/removing carb.