Husqvarna R220T

anthonype3

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking to purchase a Husqvarna R220T articulating riding mower.
Does anyone out there have one of these and how do you like it?

It's pretty pricey but I really like the front mounted deck and how it tilts up for maintenance.

Thanks!

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Husqvarna Forum. :smile:

txzrider

Threads
I have never heard of that one.. but have you looked at ventrac's?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

Looking at the pdf parts illustration everything, looks Very Light Duty...
http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSI/HUSI2012_NAaa/HUSI2012_NAaa__19.pdf

That frame design is not quite what I think of when I picture articulating equipment.
I think the $3800 price is going to be a lot of light weight pieces and some Heavy weight maintenance problems...
If you feel you really Need an articulating tractor... Look at the Ventrac,
Articulation can be a great feature, and lends to a very versatile machine, but I think they have missed it on this one...
I'm very curious... what advantage do you see in this particular "articulation Feature"?

I do like a front deck mower... But this particular arrangement, with 2 wheel drive system looks lacking.
If you do get it, Post a lot of pictures as there is Not very much coverage on this lawn mower... KennyV

anthonype3

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have never heard of that one.. but have you looked at ventrac's?

I did look at the ventrac and it has many more features than I need for mowing my lawn and it's way out of my price range.

What I really want is a mower with a front tilt up deck for easy maintenance that has a steering wheel.
Not really interested in the zero turns with the handle bar steering.

Thanks!

anthonype3

Forum Newbie
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

Looking at the pdf parts illustration everything, looks Very Light Duty...
http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSI/HUSI2012_NAaa/HUSI2012_NAaa__19.pdf

That frame design is not quite what I think of when I picture articulating equipment.
I think the $3800 price is going to be a lot of light weight pieces and some Heavy weight maintenance problems...
If you feel you really Need an articulating tractor... Look at the Ventrac,
Articulation can be a great feature, and lends to a very versatile machine, but I think they have missed it on this one...
I'm very curious... what advantage do you see in this particular "articulation Feature"?

I do like a front deck mower... But this particular arrangement, with 2 wheel drive system looks lacking.
If you do get it, Post a lot of pictures as there is Not very much coverage on this lawn mower... KennyV

What exactly do you see as a problem with this design? Very similar designs are extremely popular in europe. I think the Ventrac is a great machine but it has more features than I would ever use plus its way out if my price range.

Bear in my mind that all I want to do is mow my 1 acre lawn once a week.

Thanks for your input!

Slater

Threads
What exactly do you see as a problem with this design? Very similar designs are extremely popular in europe. I think the Ventrac is a great machine but it has more features than I would ever use plus its way out if my price range.

Bear in my mind that all I want to do is mow my 1 acre lawn once a week.

Thanks for your input!

I have a 3223D Ventrac and love it, but if you are only doing 1 acre once a week, it is probably more than you need unless you can find a good used one (hard to find.)

I have seen and ridden the R220T for a short bit of time at a trade show.
Quick Impressions (because that is all I have :laughing:)
Pros:
- Maneuverable
- Seems to be easily servicable
- Husqvarna has a good name, especially in Europe
- Flip up deck
- Small, so easy to store
- From a quick glance it doesn't look too complicated of a machine so I would think fairly easy maintenance and repair, but as to how often you would need to do that I don't know.

Cons:
- Light duty, definitely built for your small homeowner market
- Tough to find in the states so parts and service may be hard to come by??
- Could see it struggling going up inclines or mowing real thick grass

Hope that helps a little, wish I had more time to use it. If I only needed to mow a small area every once in awhile, I wouldn't really hesitate to get the R220T, but I am glad I have my Ventrac as I can do a lot more with it.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
....all I want to do is mow my 1 acre lawn once a week.

With that little use, it should hold up... I would like to see an articulating tractor built with 4 wheel drive and a lot heavier main frame ... :smile:KennyV

Slater

Threads
I would like to see an articulating tractor built with 4 wheel drive and a lot heavier main frame ... :smile:KennyV

:confused3: Isn't that what the Ventrac is?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
:confused3: Isn't that what the Ventrac is?

It Sure Is... That's why I suggested he look into Ventrac if he felt he really needed an actual articulating tractor... :smile:KennyV