Export thread

husqvarna mz61 cranks up fine , then shuts off

A

Asamau

MZ61 with FR730V motor will crank up, run for a bit with no problem, then shuts off. will crank back up fine but then shuts off after a few minutes.

S

slomo

Sounds like she wants more fuel. Clean and or replace the fuel system to the carb. Start at the tank then finish with a flow test into a glass jar AT the carb. Should dump the tank out freely. Cap vent okay?

A

Asamau

Sounds like she wants more fuel. Clean and or replace the fuel system to the carb. Start at the tank then finish with a flow test into a glass jar AT the carb. Should dump the tank out freely. Cap vent okay?
i have checked flow to carb and is free flowing and will freely pump out fuel when cranking. Cap vent is ok.
No i have never took off and cleaned under shroud.

B

Bertrrr

Must be a carb problem if it's getting fuel at a steady rate, When did this start ? what's the history before

A

Asamau

Must be a carb problem if it's getting fuel at a steady rate, When did this start ? what's the history before?
has 1100 hours, use non e gas, always kept reasonably clean and changed oil as needed. never had any motor problems before. began all of a sudden five days ago. i checked fuel flow, changed spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter and changed oil & filter next day....still same problem, cranks up, runs then shuts back off.
i have not ever went into carburetor.

S

slomo

At 1100 hours she is due for a carb douche.

S

slomo

i checked fuel flow
For how long? Ooops it's running out then shove the line back on or dumped out the tank completely?

A

Asamau

Not Fuel related......after looking further, i discovered some burnt contacts on my on off switch. it seems the electric clutch pulls its voltage from the switch and maybe a loose connection was causing a direct short. i replaced cranking switch and no more problems.

B

bertsmobile1

Thanks for the closure & congrats on the repair
Now go mow