Husqvarna M-ZT any good?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got a M-ZT 61 several months ago and am totally thrilled with it. I have not noticed a problem with it burning the grass but then I or ally shut don if I am getting off for more than just a few seconds to move something. This mower is a total winner for me.

Personally, I consider the Husqvarna M-ZT series as one of the best bang-for-your-buck high-end residential ZTR's available.

Devious6

Threads
Personally, I consider the Husqvarna M-ZT series as one of the best bang-for-your-buck high-end residential ZTR's available.

You wont get an argument from me on this. I find that I get better and better performance form the mower each time I cut with it - obviously I am getting better and more subtle in controlling it. It takes some time to understand how to turn most efficiently and without stopping one wheel to save on tearing up the turf. Accelerating on one side by slowing down on the other takes some practice.

Tindal

Threads
I have had the MZ6128 with the briggs motor on it and mulch kit for 3 years now . it basically the same mower as the MZT series mowers now . it has 3400 hydro drive units on it , which i think are some of the best out there, and comes on much higher priced mowers . I have put mine though a lot in 3 years and i am very impressed with the engernerring and quality . I would buy another one in a heartbeat . the cut looks very good . and if you have leaves get a mulch kit and sell everything else that you bought to deal with leaves. Believe me I have an inground pool and lots of trees so dealing with trees is not an option , and I have tried everything . you will be impressed with the mower and more impressed with the mulch kit . I buy gator blades at Agri supply for 11.00 each for the 61inch mower .

d1live

Forum Newbie
Threads

Iam new to ZT Mowers and have been looking at everything out their and called about a Snapper Pro S50XT 48" 27HP Briggs went and looked at it, loved the size but the local dealer wont come off $4799 on the price. I then looked at the Ferris IS700 52" 28HP Briggs for about a grand more that may better suit some bigger lawns that I may be mowing next year, then seen these Husquarna M-ZT52 and got a shipped price of right at $4800 that is hard to beat for the money. My question is, and remember Iam just starting out but I want the bet bang for my buck, is this a deal I should jump on, does anyone in here have one of these that they swear by or know someone that does? Great Forum BTW!

serelaw

Threads
d1live

Did you get a mower yet bud?
Tell us some news.
We want to kno0w...

tom-ky

Threads
Do these hold an slopes good? I used a zero turn for the first time yesterday, cut my time by a third although it was a larger cut but even with a the 52" I think I would still be close after getting more comfortable. Saw one of the MZT 52's on Craiglists for $4500 clearance priced.

serelaw

Threads
4500 $ is a great deal..

tom-ky

Threads
4500 $ is a great deal..

Yes they are $5495 at a local dealer, he says he wants to move it so he does not keep it all winter. Wonder how much room he has to work with it? I would rather buy local, and would pay a little more but not a $1000 more.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes they are $5495 at a local dealer, he says he wants to move it so he does not keep it all winter. Wonder how much room he has to work with it? I would rather buy local, and would pay a little more but not a $1000 more.

A savings of $1K on that ZTR is about as good as you can expect(if it is a 2013, new with no hours on it). What about that PZT-54??? Is it also a 2013 with no hours(I think you said he wanted $5,600 or so...$1,100 more than the MZT)??? If so, both are a good deal and that's a hard decision:0)