Husqvarna LC151 Issue

Nomomow

Forum Newbie
Hi all,

I just started having a problem with my Husqvarna LC151. For a second or two when it starts and stops it makes a loud metallic clanging/rattling sound. There seems to be about 1/16" of vertical play in the shaft as well.

Here's a video of what it does.

Can anyone help me identify the problem?
 
Hi all,

I just started having a problem with my Husqvarna LC151. For a second or two when it starts and stops it makes a loud metallic clanging/rattling sound. There seems to be about 1/16" of vertical play in the shaft as well.

Here's a video of what it does.

Can anyone help me identify the problem?
Mower is old and has play in connecting rod, etc. I have heard this sound in many a mower over the years. Keep an eye on the oil and run it.
 
Mower is old and has play in connecting rod, etc. I have heard this sound in many a mower over the years. Keep an eye on the oil and run it.

Hi Tiger, thank you for the reply. The thing is, it's not old, it's barely 3 years old. I did smack something with it the other day, which I'm guessing is what did it. Is this fixable? I'll be a bit heartbroken if it's dead, it's the best mower I've ever owned or used.
 
Come on guys. SOMEONE HAS TO recommend the old 20W-50 oil trick about now.......

Sounds like blade to deck interference. If it IS a rod, man that sucker is ready to let go. Definitely a metallic sound.
 
Come on guys. SOMEONE HAS TO recommend the old 20W-50 oil trick about now.......

Sounds like blade to deck interference. If it IS a rod, man that sucker is ready to let go. Definitely a metallic sound.
Ok, so three years old, just hit something… Definitely check the blade to see if it is bent or hitting the deck.
 
I know on some engines like Briggs, if you pull the top shroud off to clean the cooling fins, that top metal shroud might not be installed correctly. There is a flap cover deal that directs cooling air that the top shroud needs to fit over the tab deal to hold this flap proper.

If installed wrong, you will get a cycled metallic sound as yours has. Check the install of your top shroud. Clean the cooling fins while you are there.
 
Hi all,

I just started having a problem with my Husqvarna LC151. For a second or two when it starts and stops it makes a loud metallic clanging/rattling sound. There seems to be about 1/16" of vertical play in the shaft as well.

Here's a video of what it does.

Can anyone help me identify the problem?
Your stream is not working.
 
It worked yesterday. It does sound just like something banging into sheet metal to me, which is why I said to check blades, though you're right it could be the shroud. It's worth looking at that also.
 
Back
Top