Husqvarna electric PTO problem

saminmn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2004 Husqvarna lawn tractor GTH 2548B, serial # 081604B003442 with a Kohler Command 25 CV 730 with an electric pto problem . It runs good and has low hours of usage and well cared for. When I pull on the pto starter switch for mower deck it starts to run for a few seconds then stops the engine dead like it grounds out. just put on a new pto switch and installed a new ignition key switch which did not help. I temporarily bypassed the only two cutoff switches ( seat and clutch brake switches). I need some help and suggestions on this problem

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just how did you bypass the switches?

Bertrrr

Threads
Better look at your blades and see if there's anything wrapped up in there for it to shut your machine down.

saminmn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Better look at your blades and see if there's anything wrapped up in there for it to shut your machine down.
I took the belt off engine pto so its not the deck itself.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well that is not considered bypassing by any means other than normal operation. These may feel like they are operating normally but reality they are not at times.

Disconnect the brake switch connector and jumper the two white wires.. Now the seat switch connector has a built shorting strip so one of wires will need to be removed for testing purposes. If the seat switch connector is loose or unplugged it can be the cause of the shut down as the shorting strip will make the mower think no one is on the seat.
1724873565340.png

saminmn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well that is not considered bypassing by any means other than normal operation. These may feel like they are operating normally but reality they are not at times.

Disconnect the brake switch connector and jumper the two white wires.. Now the seat switch connector has a built shorting strip so one of wires will need to be removed for testing purposes. If the seat switch connector is loose or unplugged it can be the cause of the shut down as the shorting strip will make the mower think no one is on the seat.
View attachment 69565
Thank you for the information and instructions. I did as you said and everything now works. Thanks again. Saminmn