Husqvarna CTH151 Sit On Not Cutting Right

swagstaff

Threads
Thanks for all that, very helpful. I think that the drive belt is too loose. And this is why I'm having the issues.

I found this video
, if you go to 2:18 on that video I note when I use a bar I notice that the pulley doesn't move hardly at all, nor does the 'Arm' underneath it I tried everything. I think this may be why the Belt isn't tensioning correctly - Any suggestions gratefully received

swagstaff

Threads
Quick update, I managed to move the 'Tensioning Arm' if thats what is called, but its still not free, however works perfectly now the grass looks great. Think I managed to tighten the belt just enough, would love to free it up completely though?

Charlie8d

Threads
AHA. If the spring is unhooked & the belt is off, that arm should swing freely back & forth. Those are the only things keeping the belt tight. You may be able to leave everything as it is now, & squirt some penetrating oil on the area where the arm pivots, & keep cutting the grass with it. It will probably loosen up. Do not get any oil on the belts or pullies. Also, use good penetrating oil, not something like W/D 40.

swagstaff

Threads
AHA. If the spring is unhooked & the belt is off, that arm should swing freely back & forth. Those are the only things keeping the belt tight. You may be able to leave everything as it is now, & squirt some penetrating oil on the area where the arm pivots, & keep cutting the grass with it. It will probably loosen up. Do not get any oil on the belts or pullies. Also, use good penetrating oil, not something like W/D 40.
Thanks, so much appreciate this!