Husqvarna CTH151 Sit On Not Cutting Right

swagstaff

Threads
Hi Good people, I have a sit on Husqvarna CTH151, had it serviced about a year ago, cant work out what's wrong, see attached picture. Basically its not cutting right, I've had it up on ramps and the blades look ok, removed some debris, took the collector off the back and tried it, seems like when you drop the deck to cut, in some circumstances the blades don't run right, they are just not cutting and there is no exit from the back, I tried different heights (Of the cutting deck) but no luck. Its a difficult one as its like 1/2 working, But its not right! Any suggestions would be appreciated?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome
Full description of "Not Cutting Right" please

swagstaff

Threads
Thanks, I was trying to upload a picture but its too large see https://we.tl/t-Ae851Bz4gI. Hopefully you can see what I mean, basically the blades aren't cutting the grass, I mean you can see that the grass isnt fully cut like it should be. Only I think about 20% cut.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Thanks, I was trying to upload a picture but its too large see https://we.tl/t-Ae851Bz4gI. Hopefully you can see what I mean, basically the blades aren't cutting the grass, I mean you can see that the grass isnt fully cut like it should be. Only I think about 20% cut.
So 80% of the grass you are cutting is not getting cut?!
Are the blades sharp? Are the blades loose? Are they the correct blades? Is the underside of deck free of debris? Did you hit so, and now it isn’t Curt right, but befit was?

Charlie8d

Threads
I know it sounds stupid, but I have seen this when the owner reinstalled their blades UPSIDE down .

swagstaff

Threads
I know it sounds stupid, but I have seen this when the owner reinstalled their blades UPSIDE down .
No that makes sense, after it was serviced, it worked great, no changes have been made since then, accept for normal use, hardly used it at all last summer as we had a heatwave. Under the decks are free of Debris and even the shafts leading to the blades, blades look sharp but I dont really know enough about this to tell. They look ok. They are correct blades, I didnt hit anything that I can recall. The blades are loose and running freely, I can turn them when I turn the pulleys above, and they are running ok I think.

swagstaff

Threads
No that makes sense, after it was serviced, it worked great, no changes have been made since then, accept for normal use, hardly used it at all last summer as we had a heatwave. Under the decks are free of Debris and even the shafts leading to the blades, blades look sharp but I dont really know enough about this to tell. They look ok. They are correct blades, I didnt hit anything that I can recall. The blades are loose and running freely, I can turn them when I turn the pulleys above, and they are running ok I think.
Quick update, I think under some circumstances the blades actually stop turning, maybe when the grass is slightly higher, I tried bring up the cutting deck(Higher Stting), and they spin again, when its lowered they sometimes stop. Then spin again, its almost like there isnt enough power in them when they rotate, any ideas why this might be?

Charlie8d

Threads
Here is a diagram with parts. I am not familiar with your mower, but it looks like most others. The belt tension is provided by an idler pully with a spring that pulls it tight, so no adjustment. A new FACTORY belt should last longer than a year, unless other parts such as Idlers, pulleys , etc. with bad bearings , broken/weak spring are defective or worn out. Cutting grass when it is wet & too high wears out belts, too. Remove tension spring & belt. Make sure all pullies spin freely & are not very scratchy/noisy sounding.
I strongly suspect that the belt you have on there is an aftermarket one, which usually wears out much quicker. This is often the case since Husq " treasures " their parts & charges a small fortune for them. Look up belt part #68. Look around & you should be able to find this part at a better price. Get exact part number belt, reinstall belt as per diagram, connect spring.
Someone else on here may speak up & suggest a decent quality aftermarket belt.