Husqvarna Blowers - 150bt vs 350bt

homestuff

Threads
Kind of lost on this one. Been searching quite a bit on this topic (blower is for residential use). All I can find is that the 350bt has a slightly nicer harness. Second, many people mention that the 350bt has lower MPH but higher CFM because it uses bigger piping. However, according the Husq's own site, that isn't the case:

150bt
HUSQVARNA 150BT - Blowers
710cfm (in housing) @ 251mph
?? - in pipe

350bt
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...specifications
692cfm (in housing) @ 180mph
494cfm - in pipe

Can someone explain to me why the 350bt cost more or am I misreading the spec? Does the "in pipe" CFM rating matter more? There is no in pipe spec for the 150bt?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I would get a Echo PB-500t or its Shindaiwa brother 508rt I would also buy from a dealer so if there where something go wrong it is easy to get repaired quick :thumbsup::thumbsup:

(both are better then the husky will ever be i owned the 150bt an it was terrible hard to pull over an just bad on your back but with my echo i fell no of these problems:thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kind of lost on this one. Been searching quite a bit on this topic (blower is for residential use). All I can find is that the 350bt has a slightly nicer harness. Second, many people mention that the 350bt has lower MPH but higher CFM because it uses bigger piping. However, according the Husq's own site, that isn't the case:

150bt
HUSQVARNA 150BT - Blowers
710cfm (in housing) @ 251mph
?? - in pipe

350bt
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...specifications
692cfm (in housing) @ 180mph
494cfm - in pipe

Can someone explain to me why the 350bt cost more or am I misreading the spec? Does the "in pipe" CFM rating matter more? There is no in pipe spec for the 150bt?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Keep in mind that when purchasing a blower you want to use the CFM at or with the TUBE not the housing or at the pipe cfm. Cfm at the tube will be a lot lower at the tube than in the housing or at the pipe from the housing. Manufacturers will use the inflated mph figures in the housing to sell there blower but it's not the actual volume or velocity of air you'll get at the tube. Those figures that Husqvarna is giving you are without the tube. Echo does the same thing.