Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Does anyone know the factory H & L screw settings?
Working on this saw for my brother. He just bought it used. Looks like the P.O. put a CCP carburetor on it. but it bogs with throttle.
going to replace the fuel, fuel filter and check the muffler... have not checked compression yet, but it fired on the first pull, and the rope feels good....

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
This will assume limiter cap are retracted. Set both mixture screws H 2-1/2 L 1-1/2 before tuning as follows. Just note L should tuned first then H.
1655255873657.png
1655256001249.png

RayMcD

Threads
Does anyone know the factory H & L screw settings?
Working on this saw for my brother. He just bought it used. Looks like the P.O. put a CCP carburetor on it. but it bogs with throttle.
going to replace the fuel, fuel filter and check the muffler... have not checked compression yet, but it fired on the first pull, and the rope feels good....
I just put a replacement carb on my 455, it would not run slow enough on the minimum setting to not turn the chain. After removing the limiters I set both screws at 2 turns, ended up with the L at ~ 1 and 1/2 and the high at ~ 1 3/4. Saw runs like new.
I was surprised to find that one could order a complete turn up kit including a new carb, air filter, fuel filter, plug and new fuel lines for a whole $25.00 with free shipping on ebay.
My machine dates back to 1995, it was purchased when my old bow blade Homelight burned up it's clutch and I could not find a replacement, wood was my primary heat source unit 2015, my wife suffered health issues and required me to be close all the time and we stated using our heat pump.
Can't say enough good about my Rancher but I sure do miss my old bow saw, it was so much easier on the back. Cheers, Ray

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Saw runs like a top now. Man this sucker is a tank compared my 445 Rancher