Husqvarna 3016 ztr

kip1717

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, Im new to the forum. I joined to found out some info on the Husqvarna 3016. I am cutting about 3/4 acre with my John Deere STX 38 that I have had for 20 years and need a new mower. I looked at the Husqvarna and it looks like a well built mower, I just dont know anything about them or the 16.5 Briggs that it comes with. Any advice or info would help. Thanks

Threads
I had a 17.5 hp Briggs, and I beat that thing to death but it kept on ticking so the 16.5 should hold up as well. Husqvarna makes a good product, and I have always heard good things about their equipment. Its all in the service if you maintain it well you shouldnt have any trouble.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, Im new to the forum. I joined to found out some info on the Husqvarna 3016. I am cutting about 3/4 acre with my John Deere STX 38 that I have had for 20 years and need a new mower. I looked at the Husqvarna and it looks like a well built mower, I just dont know anything about them or the 16.5 Briggs that it comes with. Any advice or info would help. Thanks

kip1717,
You may want to go to the Husqvarna website and read some customer reviews about that model(they're not promising). The B & S engine will most likely oulast the rest of that entry-level ZTR. At $2350 with it's cheap deck(no ant-scalp wheels at all) I think you would regret spending several thousand dollars on that particular mower. What I would recommend, if you can budget it, is to spend a few hundred dollars more and go to a local dealer that carries Dixon ZTR's. They are now owned by Husqvarna, but are a much better quality machine. One particular entry level Dixon is the 42" SpeedZTR with a fabricated deck and a 22HP Kawasaki engine for $3299. I know that's about $900 more than the 30" Husqvarna, but if you go to the Dixon website(link below) I think you will agree it's a LOT heavier duty than the Husqvarna and would be a much better long-term investment(probably last you 20 years like your JD if you take care of it, which you obviously do to make the JD last so long). Check it out and see what you think:

Dixon - Dixon SpeedZTR 42 (22HP)

kip1717

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, thats a little out of my price range. I would like to stay under 2500.00 even if I have to go back to a garden tractor. I just would want something that last.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, thats a little out of my price range. I would like to stay under 2500.00 even if I have to go back to a garden tractor. I just would want something that last.

kip1717,
I understand, we all have a budget we have to adhere to when making high-dollar purchases. But to be honest with you, I personally feel like with a 3/4 acre lawn to maintain you would be better off spending $2500 on a "high-end" lawn tractor that on a "low-end" zero turn mower in regard to the longevity of the purchase. If you can find a local Husvarna "dealer"(I recommend staying away from the big box stores like Sears, Lowes & Home Depot), see if they will come down enough to get you in a YT42XLS(I can say that Husqvarna makes a very good lawn tractor and this one is an example of that quality). The MSRP for this LT is $2,599 but believe me a lawn mower "dealer" is no different than a car dealer and they WILL "negotiate" from the MSRP. This mower has a "fabricated" deck(very unusual for a lawn tractor and an indication of the "high end" quality) as well as a Kawasaki engine(right now the most dependable small engine for mowers on the market). Below is a link to that mower on the Husqvarna website. Check it out and see what you think:

Husqvarna YT42XLS - Garden tractors

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Husqvarna & Dixon forum. :smile:

kip1717

Forum Newbie
Threads
kip1717,
I understand, we all have a budget we have to adhere to when making high-dollar purchases. But to be honest with you, I personally feel like with a 3/4 acre lawn to maintain you would be better off spending $2500 on a "high-end" lawn tractor that on a "low-end" zero turn mower in regard to the longevity of the purchase. If you can find a local Husvarna "dealer"(I recommend staying away from the big box stores like Sears, Lowes & Home Depot), see if they will come down enough to get you in a YT42XLS(I can say that Husqvarna makes a very good lawn tractor and this one is an example of that quality). The MSRP for this LT is $2,599 but believe me a lawn mower "dealer" is no different than a car dealer and they WILL "negotiate" from the MSRP. This mower has a "fabricated" deck(very unusual for a lawn tractor and an indication of the "high end" quality) as well as a Kawasaki engine(right now the most dependable small engine for mowers on the market). Below is a link to that mower on the Husqvarna website. Check it out and see what you think:

Husqvarna YT42XLS - Garden tractors

Thanks, Im gonna take your advice and get the YT42xls. One dealer told me 3300 and another was very close to MSRP plus tax, guess witch one I went with?Both are service centers.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, Im gonna take your advice and get the YT42xls. One dealer told me 3300 and another was very close to MSRP plus tax, guess witch one I went with?Both are service centers.

You should ask the dealer with the lower price if he would take $2,500(out-the-door, including tax). You never know whether they will jump on a lower counter-offer or not....but it never hurts to ask!!! Just tell them you "really want to buy it", but you just can't spend more than $2,500. If they want the sale, they'll bargain with someone who wants to buy from them.

kip1717

Forum Newbie
Threads
I tried with a couple dealers and they wont come down. Oh well I want it so I'll order it today. Thanks for the help.

kip1717

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got my LT42XLS in today. It really looks well built. I'll read up on it tonight and cut in the tomorrow. Thanks for the help in finding a mower.