Husqvarna 128 BV leaf blower no start

F0rks

Forum Newbie
Threads
Out of ideas on why not starting and could use some help. Not alot of experience with small engine repairs.
Got leaf blower back from neighbor and would not start. Took apart to figure it out and found fuel line in tank disconnected and broken on way to air purge. Found that fuel lines appeared to have been incorrectly routed (neighbor had left fuel filter going directly to air purge, which i don't think is right). When priming, also noticed fuel was leaking through weep hole on carburetor.
Put in new fuel filter, replaced all fuel lines, replaced carburetor with replacement off amazon, confirmed there is spark by turning over motor with plug out. Still no start. Does not even halfway start and then die, just never starts. Not sure what else to check. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Compression check is one thing to do. Must be over 100 psi for a two cycle to even hit. There is also a spark arrester screen on the muffler that might be clogged wit h carbon.

F0rks

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did a compression check, that might be the issue. You do these the same way as you would on a 4 cycle right? Put a bit of oil in cylinder, first few pulls got it up to 60 psi, subsequent tests couldn't even get compression to register on the gauageo

logert gogert

Threads
how much did your carb cost?
tell the truth as for if it was a cheap carb its not very good.
I've had a couple people bring me a leaf blower or trimmer that won start, they said that they have a new carb on it, i ask them how much it cost, they said 14$ off amazon
i then asked if they have the old carburetor and they say yes, i ask them to bring it to me, i take off the "new" off brand junk chinese carb, clean the old one, put the old one on and it runs new

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well here's the bad news. Either you a stuck ring or worst a bad PNC set (piston and cylinder) from straight gassing. Put the muffler and check the cylinder. Two cycles require at least 100+ PSI compression to even try to start.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
well theres something i didn't know.......
maybe you should have one these installed for instant knowledge imports. Yes great as all you need to do is download to a USB drive and plug it in.
45651937-woman-plugging-a-usb-stick-into-her-brain.jpg