Fuel Husky YTH1542XPT riding mower runs well for 10 min gets starved for fuel.

calaban

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husky YTH1542XPT riding mower runs well for 10 min gets starved for fuel.
Husky YTH1542XPT riding mower runs well for 10 min gets starved for fuel.

It seems to be a reoccurring theme on this forum. So i have changed the fuel filter while doing so I noticed the fuel line was plugged. I removed the line and it was totally mush on the inside with bits of rubber. Im really hoping the new line will fix it. (takes me a full day to go to town and buy parts and come back) Looks like I should remove tank and see whats in there. any advice on removing tank, looks like three bolts to remove . Any advice on this fuel problem would be appreciated. Thanx I will post after line replacement and tank cleaning

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Fuel line going to mush is due to bad fuel.
Ethanol in particular will do that as will about 20 other scrap by product solvents that gets added to fuel now days.
You will find little sticky globs of it every where in the carb.

Only 2 bolt holding the tank in but from memory ( always dangerious ) it does not come out without a fight.
On some the engine cowel needs to come off to get clearence .
Others you need to take a couple of the turret bolts out so you can move it back a bit.

Our model numbers and your model numbers are not always the same

calaban

Forum Newbie
Threads
It worked. after wrestling with the cowling I finally got the %#$%#fuel tank off it was clean .I had to remove the tank just to get the gromit back in to the tank. Poured gass in, started it up and away we go. Havent cut gras with it but it went from not starting to starting and running fine . Sooo check fuel lines!!!!!!! This ****** gas Is CRAP I have been using the Fitch pellets to stabilize gas and it works great in chain saw. weed eater and now my LM
Thank you for the advice and support . I love this forum

Just finished cutting the grass and Mower is running fine. I dont like working on Lawn mowers I do it cause I have to. But it certainly is rewarding when it works out!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ingigo

Threads
Does your model have a reserve setting or line into the gas tank? If so, keep the valve open to reserve. the line reaches the bottom of the fuel tank. stupid engineering error.
Use non ethanol gas also. It is worth it. angles really make the engine sputter sometimes from lack of gas. It sucks. Keep the tank as full of gas as possible, maybe refill.