Husky with Intek spotted

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Surprised at Lowes this am when I lifted the hood on the $1895 Husqvarna rider and saw Intek 21 hp inside. It promised to run cool and start easily. I thought B&S had distanced themselves from the Intek name. It doesn't exactly star in this forum. What happened to the "Platinum" series (which no one has yet explained to me)?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Surprised at Lowes this am when I lifted the hood on the $1895 Husqvarna rider and saw Intek 21 hp inside. It promised to run cool and start easily. I thought B&S had distanced themselves from the Intek name. It doesn't exactly star in this forum. What happened to the "Platinum" series (which no one has yet explained to me)?

motoman,
If B & S simply "renamed" the Intek a "Platinum", rather than "redesigned it" I wouldn't touch either. That's one Husky I would simply walk away from(and go to a Husqvarna "dealer", instead of Lowes and get a lawn tractor there with a Kawasaki)!!!

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
djdicetn, yep , I have your suggestion copied and posted on the wall as a prime replacement for my DYT 4000. motoman