hrx217kvka blade won't disengage

gentlejax

Threads
Just got this non running mower. Was supposed to need carb work but I've discovered the blade won't disengage so I need a little advice. The handle pulls the cable and the arm moves but doesn't appear to be working. I have no idea

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just got this non running mower. Was supposed to need carb work but I've discovered the blade won't disengage so I need a little advice. The handle pulls the cable and the arm moves but doesn't appear to be working. I have no idea

Honda HRX217VKA models do NOT have a blade clutch, the blade is bolted to a holder plate that mounts direct to the crankshaft (like most mowers made today, starting/running the engine also spins the blades).

The Honda HRX217VYA does have a blade clutch (yellow button/control on the right-side handlebar) The engine is free to start/run while the blades remain still, and will only spin when the operator engages a blade clutch (a.k.a. Roto-Stop).

gentlejax

Threads
Honda HRX217VKA models do NOT have a blade clutch, the blade is bolted to a holder plate that mounts direct to the crankshaft (like most mowers made today, starting/running the engine also spins the blades).

The Honda HRX217VYA does have a blade clutch (yellow button/control on the right-side handlebar) The engine is free to start/run while the blades remain still, and will only spin when the operator engages a blade clutch (a.k.a. Roto-Stop).

oh! now I feel stupid.....but no clutch is good! less issues to worry about.

so that bar is the on/ off bar for the mower...not the clutch brake....again...I feel stupid....I couldnt tell. it has a label on it with an arrow pointing forward I think and says something. I forget what ..but it implied I thought that it was to do with the blade. now I guess it wasnt and that would make a difference in NEVER starting....wow...

thats good news though. I might be able to get it running without taking it to the shop..lol..

gentlejax

Threads
lol well after fresh gas and properly holding down the handle it sprang to life...YES!!

It wasnt free to me but for $70 I got a pretty nice Honda mower....pulls like a monster ...going to mow with it today or tomorrow after I put a new rear wheel on it.

Guess the John Deere is going to be retired now that I have this monster.