Export thread

hrx217kvka blade won't disengage

G

gentlejax

Just got this non running mower. Was supposed to need carb work but I've discovered the blade won't disengage so I need a little advice. The handle pulls the cable and the arm moves but doesn't appear to be working. I have no idea

robert@honda

robert@honda

Just got this non running mower. Was supposed to need carb work but I've discovered the blade won't disengage so I need a little advice. The handle pulls the cable and the arm moves but doesn't appear to be working. I have no idea

Honda HRX217VKA models do NOT have a blade clutch, the blade is bolted to a holder plate that mounts direct to the crankshaft (like most mowers made today, starting/running the engine also spins the blades).

The Honda HRX217VYA does have a blade clutch (yellow button/control on the right-side handlebar) The engine is free to start/run while the blades remain still, and will only spin when the operator engages a blade clutch (a.k.a. Roto-Stop).

G

gentlejax

Honda HRX217VKA models do NOT have a blade clutch, the blade is bolted to a holder plate that mounts direct to the crankshaft (like most mowers made today, starting/running the engine also spins the blades).

The Honda HRX217VYA does have a blade clutch (yellow button/control on the right-side handlebar) The engine is free to start/run while the blades remain still, and will only spin when the operator engages a blade clutch (a.k.a. Roto-Stop).

oh! now I feel stupid.....but no clutch is good! less issues to worry about.

so that bar is the on/ off bar for the mower...not the clutch brake....again...I feel stupid....I couldnt tell. it has a label on it with an arrow pointing forward I think and says something. I forget what ..but it implied I thought that it was to do with the blade. now I guess it wasnt and that would make a difference in NEVER starting....wow...

thats good news though. I might be able to get it running without taking it to the shop..lol..

G

gentlejax

lol well after fresh gas and properly holding down the handle it sprang to life...YES!!

It wasnt free to me but for $70 I got a pretty nice Honda mower....pulls like a monster ...going to mow with it today or tomorrow after I put a new rear wheel on it.

Guess the John Deere is going to be retired now that I have this monster.