HRX217K6HYA GCV200 governor adjustment

rainman1442

Threads
I’ve got the new motor and the rpm are running lower than my older HRX’s. I’ve looked at how to adjust on YouTube and I’ve adjusted the cable and the spring. Neither has upped the rpm’s. Any other suggestions?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have to put a little more tension on the governor spring
Usually it is a matter of bending the retaining tab

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you pull on the throttle cable it should move a lever that pulls a spring that pulls the governor arm which in turn moves the throttle rad connected to the carb throttle butterfly.
Honda generally have an adjuster screw , but if that is in all the way then there is generally a tab on one end of the spring that can be bent.
We get slightly different Hondas down here ( the EU models ) to the USA models you get over there .

rainman1442

Threads
When you pull on the throttle cable it should move a lever that pulls a spring that pulls the governor arm which in turn moves the throttle rad connected to the carb throttle butterfly.
Honda generally have an adjuster screw , but if that is in all the way then there is generally a tab on one end of the spring that can be bent.
We get slightly different Hondas down here ( the EU models ) to the USA models you get over there .
Got it. Thanks for your help!