Engine HRX217HYA dip stick

ejudgie

Threads
When reading the dipstick what side is the correct level? The upper side is lower than the bottom side.

Threads
When reading the dipstick what side is the correct level? The upper side is lower than the bottom side.

What do you mean by the upper and lower side? Do you mean that on one side of the dipstick the X's aren't level with the other side? Mine are.

dipstick.jpg

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

Here's how to check it.

Be sure the mower is parked on a flat, level surface and the engine is cool.

Remove the dipstick and wipe it clean. Re-insert, but do NOT screw back in.

Look at the tip in a good light; as long as oil is in the yellow zone, you are good to go.

If it is not visible, add some SAE 10W-30 as needed to get the level into the yellow zone.

oillevel_zps4416e9b8.jpg

ejudgie

Threads
Yea, I do all that. But even in your picture, because the stick is going in at an angle, one side will be slightly higher than the other because the stick has some width to it. It's not a thin metal one like I see in cars and other mowers where its the same on both sides.

Threads
Yea, I do all that. But even in your picture, because the stick is going in at an angle, one side will be slightly higher than the other because the stick has some width to it. It's not a thin metal one like I see in cars and other mowers where its the same on both sides.

Oh now I understand! I would think that if it is somewhere in the middle you're good....even if one side shows something a bit higher than the other.

ejudgie

Threads
Yea, that is what I have been assuming. Just wish the Honda documentation mentioned this or used a thinner stick.