HRX217 battery replacement idea

JBtoro

Threads
Got a used HRX217HMA a few years ago & got it working great. However, the battery was dead but It is a one pull starter so I didn't bother replacing it for over $100. Lately though, just because I think it would be a fun experiment, I began thinking about a replacement mod. I found the 12V battery below on left for about $15 that is used for some sort of electronics application. It has the same electronic specs as the newer HRX217 battery (not the one that came on my mower) and my charger is the right unit for recharging. I have read that the OEM battery (middle below) for my mower needed to be recharged like only once a season (versus the continually re-charging capability on newer mower batteries.) So, not being steeped in battery knowledge, my question is this: if everything else about this swap works, does anyone think this battery has the potential hold a charge for reasonably long time, say at least a dozen summertime mows or so?

BTW, it will also fit inside my battery housing although with slight adjustments.The wiring can be modified from the plug style on the OEM to spade connectors for the new unit fairly easily, I believe, since the newer Honda batteries (on right below) utilize the same type terminals.

1645994424645.png1645995828528.png1645996254791.png

olgeezershonda

Threads
Fifteen bucks isn't a huge investment. Give a try and keep us updated on how it goes.

HurstGN

Threads
It's a basic lead acid battery. It should work fine.