HRR216K8VYA - Can't Pull Mower Backwards - FIXED (READ HERE FOR TIPS)

civic

Threads
  • / HRR216K8VYA - Can't Pull Mower Backwards - FIXED (READ HERE FOR TIPS)
The issue I see is the key will not go down in the cavity which might make it worse. When I that this thing apart I will check it out.

gardenlover

Forum Newbie
Threads
I went to this link and saw something that was interesting and wonder if anyone here has done this:

Wheels getting locked
Have you ever looked at the back wheels of your Honda self propelled lawnmower while making a turn? Although we expect the left wheel to rotate while turning right, none of the wheels rotates. This is because of a key that transmits power from the shaft to the driven gear. You can see this gear once if you open the wheel.

You can solve this problem by just placing the key upside down. This simple step solves this issue. Even though it doesn’t feel like a big problem, fixing it will help you find the difference before and after; you will surely experience better handling later than the former.

Yes. It works. But I think posting solutions here, from the website isn't a good thing.

Briantii

Threads
Yes. It works. But I think posting solutions here, from the website isn't a good thing.
Its not a solution, unless you like potentially destroying your self propelled. Honestly if you don’t want self propelled just take the sprocket off. It’ll always pull backwards perfectly then. The website looks like clickbait.

civic

Threads
OK, I tried this and what happens is the pinion gear does not ratchet back so I didn't follow through. To me this will lock up the trans and you will not be able to roll backwards at all. I don't advice doing this.