HRR2168VKA Self Propel stopped working

rpearlberg

Threads
Yesterday while cutting the grass the self propel stopped working. When I press the lever it feels like it's still pulling the wire, but it won't actually propel the mower. What do I need to do to fix this??

Also, is this covered under warranty? The mower is about 3 years old. If so, do I just go to an authorized dealer/repair and they'll fix it for free?

Last edited:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yesterday while cutting the grass the self propel stopped working. When I press the lever it feels like it's still pulling the wire, but it won't actually propel the mower. What do I need to do to fix this??

Also, is this covered under warranty? The mower is about 3 years old. If so, do I just go to an authorized dealer/repair and they'll fix it for free?

Could be a number of things that cause the mower to stop self-propelling.

Belt has come off
Belt has broken
Cable has become disconnected
Cable has broken
Debris/clippings, etc. are binding the rear wheels or belt or input pulley on the transmission

The HRR2168VKA came with a 36 month warranty. Note the warranty covered factory defects, so if the problem is NOT due to a factory defect, it is not covered under warranty. Any Honda dealer can evaluate and inspect your mower. If you go that route, be sure to fully communicate with the dealer what is and what is not covered, before any work is done. You can find a local Honda dealer using this link:

Find A Honda Dealer

When you call, have the full serial number off the back of the mower deck; this will help the dealer look-up your effective warranty start date, as well as get correct repair parts as necessary.

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

rpearlberg

Threads
Could be a number of things that cause the mower to stop self-propelling.

Belt has come off
Belt has broken
Cable has become disconnected
Cable has broken
Debris/clippings, etc. are binding the rear wheels or belt or input pulley on the transmission

The HRR2168VKA came with a 36 month warranty. Note the warranty covered factory defects, so if the problem is NOT due to a factory defect, it is not covered under warranty. Any Honda dealer can evaluate and inspect your mower. If you go that route, be sure to fully communicate with the dealer what is and what is not covered, before any work is done. You can find a local Honda dealer using this link:

Find A Honda Dealer

When you call, have the full serial number off the back of the mower deck; this will help the dealer look-up your effective warranty start date, as well as get correct repair parts as necessary.

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

Great, thanks. I found a local dealer a few miles away so I'll take it in this week (or call them). I think when I bought the mower I got an extra year of warranty coverage also.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Great, thanks. I found a local dealer a few miles away so I'll take it in this week (or call them). I think when I bought the mower I got an extra year of warranty coverage also.

That is quite possible; Honda has run a springtime promotion the past few years that offers a +1 extra year of factory warranty for units purchased and registered with Honda during the promo period.

If you'll drop me a Private Message with your full serial number, I can get you warranty status details for your mower.