Export thread

HRR2167VKR broken blade holder

J

johnslater

Hi there,

My HRR2167VKR mower made a horrible sound this morning. Sounded like the blades were hitting something. I looked underneath and took the blades off.

Here's a picture: 2015-09-26 12.41.37.jpg

The blade holder appears to be broken. Looks like it is replaceable, but I can't get the center bolt out. I've tried an impact wrench.

Questions:
1) Is it a normal thread, counterclockwise to loosen (lefty loosy)?
2) Any tips on getting it off?
3) When I replace it, how much torque should I apply to the bolt?

Any other tips and advice are appreciated. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on this procedure here or elsewhere that I can find.

thanks
- John

M

mechanic mark

Honda Power Equipment HRR216K7 VKAA ROTARY BLADE (1) | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation great source for Honda parts, price wise & ship fast to your door. Torque bolt to 40 ft. lbs. Spray penetrating oil & let it soak a while. Use anti-seize compound on threads of bolt when installing new part. You can pick up a small pack of anti-seize at any auto parts store for under $2.

B

bertsmobile1

Standard RH thread.
They tighten up in use and if not undone every couple of seasons can be a right royal PIA to remove.
Grinding off the head usually works because once the head is off and then carrier has been pulled off the shaft there is no pressure on the thread & the bolt usually can be undone with fingers.

J

johnslater

Honda Power Equipment HRR216K7 VKAA ROTARY BLADE (1) | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation great source for Honda parts, price wise & ship fast to your door. Torque bolt to 40 ft. lbs. Spray penetrating oil & let it soak a while. Use anti-seize compound on threads of bolt when installing new part. You can pick up a small pack of anti-seize at any auto parts store for under $2.

Thanks for the info, I will try that.