HRR216 repower GVC160 from power washer

JBtoro

Threads
My understanding is that PW engines have a heavier flywheel in order to compensate for the fact that there is no blade on a PW.

Honda Tech

Threads
What are you trying to do? Are you thinking about swapping engines or using parts from one to fix the other?? Either way, it won't work. The lawnmower engine is a metric crank and a specific length for that application. The pressure washer engine does not have a flywheel brake (safety first!) and has a SAE crankshaft. You will most likely encounter more problems than it's worth. Too bad he buggered that up like that, but the gasket surface is still good. Someone that actually knows how to remove broken studs should be able to remedy that issue.

Gta_g20

Threads
Thanks guys that’s what I wanted to confirm. So I won’t buy that engine. I guess I have to remove the engine and take to a machine shop to have the bolt removed? May cost more than it’s worth, I could just sit on it and wait for a motor

Gta_g20

Threads
Almost done guys. Only issue is the 4 bolts that mount into the deck. The replacement motor didn’t come with them. My original motor now removed has bolts but they are much narrower and drop into the thread of the donor engine. Any thoughts