HR 215 blade clutch removal

pocojo

Threads
Im trying to remove blade clutch assembly but engine turns while trying to remove bolt. Can anyone advise how to keep engine from turning ? Thanks much.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most likely you need to be using a strap wrench to hold the flywheel while using an impact to remove the screw.

pocojo

Threads
Most likely you need to be using a strap wrench to hold the flywheel while using an impact to remove the screw.
I removed the recoil starter and held the flywheel nut with a socket while undoing the blade clutch bolt. Not an easy feat for a 75 yr. old but thanks for your reply.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I know there are time an extra set of hands are needed. I had to get help from customers a few times last year so I torque PTO clutches on ZTRs. And I got ZTR that I have to have help to remove and replace the drive idler arm bolt. Just don't have Orangutan arms.

pocojo

Threads
I know there are time an extra set of hands are needed. I had to get help from customers a few times last year so I torque PTO clutches on ZTRs. And I got ZTR that I have to have help to remove and replace the drive idler arm bolt. Just don't have Orangutan arms.
I was gifted with long arms, otherwise I would have had to recruit someone.

tranchinh

Threads
I have not do that for a while so I don't remember the exact location but I use a long 10 mm socket jammed in flywheel to lock it in place to remove the nut in the clutch

pocojo

Threads
I have not do that for a while so I don't remember the exact location but I use a long 10 mm socket jammed in flywheel to lock it in place to remove the nut in the clutch
Thats what I ended up doing. Thanks