How to Tell when Deck Spindle is Going Bad?

EHShaffer3

Forum Newbie
Hi Fellow Mowers,

I have a new Gravely ZT XL 42. Purchased on Memorial Day 2026, 25 hours on the clock. Model 918012, Serial # 135115.

I recently added the mulch kit to mulch leaves as my property has a lot of trees. Long story short, I dropped the deck so I could clean it up and install the mulch kit. Installing it was no problem but i noticed one of the deck spindles makes a grating/grinding sound when spun by hand. My question is this an indication that the spindle is going bad? I'm guessing the dealer will replace under warranty.

Thanks in Advance!
EHShaffer3
 
Hi Fellow Mowers,

I have a new Gravely ZT XL 42. Purchased on Memorial Day 2026, 25 hours on the clock. Model 918012, Serial # 135115.

I recently added the mulch kit to mulch leaves as my property has a lot of trees. Long story short, I dropped the deck so I could clean it up and install the mulch kit. Installing it was no problem but i noticed one of the deck spindles makes a grating/grinding sound when spun by hand. My question is this an indication that the spindle is going bad? I'm guessing the dealer will replace under warranty.

Thanks in Advance!
EHShaffer3
Sounds like it.
 
Back
Top