How to replace an idler pulley tension spring on an Ariens walk behind self propelled mower

cantdw

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How to replace an idler pulley tension spring on an Ariens walk behind self propelled mower
The local dealers and repair shops are, understandably, too busy to help with what I think is a simple problem. And, there doesn't appear to be a match online (Youtube) for how to replace this spring. There can only be two ways, right? But what end up happening is the idler pullet snugs up against the drive wheel and stops the wheel - and hence the drive belt - from spinning - and the forward motion stops as a result. There is a small hole in the deck where one end should go, and a slot on the armature attached to to the Idler Pulley. But the spring actually brings the two pulleys CLOSER together - rather than adds tension to keep them apart and the belt taut.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Tom... cantdw@gmail ...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / How to replace an idler pulley tension spring on an Ariens walk behind self propelled mower
Here I go again, if you would supply us with the model and serial numbers of the unit we might be able to help you out. We really really hate making guesses.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here I go again, if you would supply us with the model and serial numbers of the unit we might be able to help you out. We really really hate making guesses.
Go get'em Rivets LOL. (y)

slomo

cantdw

Forum Newbie
Threads
Go get'em Rivets LOL. (y)

slomo
I apologize for the error in forum etiquette. I've never posted an online question anywhere for anything! Ariens Model 911531, serial 010456. Pictures of the machine are apparently too large to attach in this forum??? But, the relevant operator manual diagram is shown. I hope this helps you to help me.

Many Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-12 Drive Belt Replacement; Wheel Drive Control Adjustment - Ariens 9911531.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-12 Drive Belt Replacement; Wheel Drive Control Adjustment - Ariens 9911531.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 9

Ltmaerz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I apologize for the error in forum etiquette. I've never posted an online question anywhere for anything! Ariens Model 911531, serial 010456. Pictures of the machine are apparently too large to attach in this forum??? But, the relevant operator manual diagram is shown. I hope this helps you to help me.

Many Thanks, Tom
Did you ever get any responses or a solution for this? I am having the exact same problem.

cantdw

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever get any responses or a solution for this? I am having the exact same problem.
yes, Many pople responded and the dialogue was extensive. I don't see their replies in this threa

d? Hmmm ...It has been two years since the post. I suspect they archive the replies after a while ...