How to remove fluid reservoir from 1994 Grasshopper 725?

Steve_F

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How to remove fluid reservoir from 1994 Grasshopper 725?
I need to replace the reservoir, but not sure how you're supposed to get it out.
I have it completely disconnected, but it I can't see how to remove it.
It seems trapped by the welded frame members on the top, bottom and sides, and by the trannies in front and engine to the rear.
Anyone done this before?
Is there some trick that doesn't require removing the trannies or engine?
If not, which of those should I remove?

Thanks,
Steve

4getgto

Threads
Can you post some pictures..?
May give us more of a clue..?
And what reservoir are you talking about.?

Steve_F

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's the hydraulic fluid reservoir, which is that black rectangular box that goes from bottom to top in the picture under the brown crossmember. The near side is much taller that the far. To the right is the engine, andIMG_20200606_152028_3.jpg to the left the two trannies.

4getgto

Threads
It's the hydraulic fluid reservoir, which is that black rectangular box that goes from bottom to top in the picture under the brown crossmember. The near side is much taller that the far. To the right is the engine, andView attachment 52691 to the left the two trannies.
I hate to ruin your day but believe you have to pull the motor out. My Woods 6210 is almost identical to yours and I took a look and it doesn't look like any other way. Bar from cutting the crossbar out and that's welded in now and bringing it out the top. Not sure if that's the way to go.. I think I'd pull the motor.
What's wrong with your tank.???

Steve_F

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hate to ruin your day but believe you have to pull the motor out. My Woods 6210 is almost identical to yours and I took a look and it doesn't look like any other way. Bar from cutting the crossbar out and that's welded in now and bringing it out the top. Not sure if that's the way to go.. I think I'd pull the motor.
What's wrong with your tank.???
Bummer. I'll probably have the shop do that. One of the connectors is damaged beyond repair (teenage driver caught a sticking a hose and ripped it off taking all the threads with it. Unfortunately, that connector is welded on, so even if it's repairable, I still need to get it out.

Thanks

4getgto

Threads
Bummer. I'll probably have the shop do that. One of the connectors is damaged beyond repair (teenage driver caught a sticking a hose and ripped it off taking all the threads with it. Unfortunately, that connector is welded on, so even if it's repairable, I still need to get it out.

Thanks
That sucks. I'm sure the tank could be repaired by the right shop. Not sure how available a new tank would be which I believe is the route they'd want to go.
Post back if you will and let us know how you make out.. Good luck..