How to get the least biased news.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly thanks to all who contributed to the Sad Day post which has now been closed.
It is always good to have a civalized conversation with people who have a diverse set of beliefs & opinions
Because I take care with the news feeds I am exposed to I would have never seen any of the shows linked to .

What we have to always be aware of is the motives of the organization distributing "news" and the person presenting it.
Remember "news" broadcasts are there to MAKE MONEY and they make more money if more people watch, listen , down load them or even talk about them .
As such the prime criteria for everything that is presented is " will it make more people watch " .
An ex-housmate used to have a line of thought that is quite pertenant to "news"
Does it affect me personally ?
Does it affect my community ?
Can I do something about it ?
Does knowing it make any difference to my life?
Unless the answer to all 4 were yes he was not interested in knowing it .
And 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 % of what was broadcast failed all 4 .

The only news broadcaster that can be trusted in Reuters because they are a news gathering service financed by the media broadcasters who download the stories, put their spin on them then present them to their target audience.
As such most of them are plain honest raw reporting , what has happened to who & where .
And better still you can get everything that they file in a day, if you can handle 2000+ different stories but only in your own news zone
So all I can get is the stories filed by Reuters Aust and if you are in the USA it would be just Reuters USA unless you spoof your browser to one in a different country

The next thing to remember is your mind is most receptive to suggestion in an anxious or depressed state and because the media is financed by advertising they want to sell suggestions to you, called advertisements
And this applies to everything you see on commercial TV, even so called comedy shows are carefully designed to make you feel anxious & depressed

Any show that has a persons name attached to it is not news or even current affairs, it is strait brainwashing using current stories to do it's dirty work.
The logic goes that they make you feel the presenter is your close friend, one that cares about you so you end up trusting every word they say
And those words are carefully scripted by the people who are paying for the words to be said .
The perfect example of this that we are all familiar with is tobacco smoking ( and yes I do smoke, occasionally )
The tobacco companies spent a fortune buying the mouths of "your friend the presenter " to convince you that smoking was good for you and presented no danger to your health .

Even then, you have to watch out for data selection
The climate change reporting is a really good example of this
So you can pick the coldest 4th of July in the past 20 years then compare it to the hottest one and draw a line showing the rapid increase
And you can do the opposite to show it is all bull & temperatures are falling
And when you listen to it, you remember that 4th of July where you needed to wear 2 overcoats so it must be true
If you heard the other side then you remember the 4th of july where you just about passed out from the heat so they must be true .

The closer you can get to the actual source of the data the greater the chance of you getting the real facts to use to make your own mind up.
The last thing any one needs is some one else doing that for you.
The government radio station down here broadcasts question time in both houses of parliament and because I suffer with tinnitus I have the radio on all my waking hours to prevent me concentrating on the internal sounds in my head & going mad And no one of the cures advertised on the web can cure it as it is internal to your brain, although you can make yourself deaf to that frequency which is not a good solution .
Then I hear the reporting on the said same question time hours latter , after spin & editing has been done which in many cases is exactly the opposite to what was originally meant.