Export thread

How Much Throttle On The D110?

W

Whitey

Typically how much throttle should you give the D110 when you are mowing? I usually try and keep the throttle at about 25%, or about 1/4 of the way up on the lever.

And does it hurt it to mow for an hour straight with the throttle set higher? I had one person tell me its actually better for this engine to run a little faster as compared to a little slower.

Mike

reynoldston

reynoldston

WOT Wide open throttle, the governor will take care of the RPMs. You should mow some where in the 3000 to 3500 RPMs range.

P

pile81

You are supposed to mow at full throttle. .....and you can mow for the duration of your yard......

P

pile81

Cuttin the grass on a rotary mower your pro and deck are designed to give you the correct tip speed on the blades to cut the grass, not bludgeon it......

W

Whitey

So my throttle lever should be set all the way to the top? It sounds like its getting ready for takeoff at full throttle, and thats how i should mow?

Mike

P

pile81

Yeah that's what its designed to do, those engine are designed to run 3100 rpms guve or take......your governor controls it at full throttle, which I beleive on that mower is almost all the way up cause all tje way up u s choke

reynoldston

reynoldston

There should be specs as to what your mower should run at WOT (wide open throttle) and if yours sound like it is running too fast at WOT you should have it checked or you could do engine damage. This is the RPMs that your mower should be working at. Any mower repair shop should be able to do this for you and its got to be cheaper then a new engine.

P

pile81

How old is the mower any how? If its under 2 years old and under 120 hours take it to the dealer if you think its "over speeding"........but the blades do turn pretty darn fast at WOT, so it cuts the grass and not bludgeon it....

W

Whitey

Okay, just to clarify. Put your thinking caps on here.

My throttle lever goes up about 3/4 of the way and then it sort of clicks into place. However, you can push it up just a little more after it hits that certain spot where it feels like it clicks into place.

So, which one is full throttle? ALL the way up? Or up about 3/4 of the way to where it clicks? Or do I start it ALL the way up and then keep it at that 3/4 point when I mow?

Mike

P

pile81

That's click you feel is the detent on the linkage letting you know you're at full throttle and past that its choke

reynoldston

reynoldston

I don't know how your throttle works? Some JDs have two levers, throttle and a choke and some have the choke and throttle all in one lever. This being said you run the tractor at its highest rpm you can run it without the choke being on.

P

pile81

Its a D110 it has one lever, full throttle is detented, then past the detent it applies choke