Export thread

How much oil

R

retired92

Toro Tinecutter 75755 (Toro Engine) ordering oil and filter kit for the mover its always 2 qts and filter. But manual calls for 81oz (2qts 64 oz thats 17 oz shy). When adding only 2 qts its 1/3 low on the dipstick fill mark. Is this normal only using 2 qts of oil. My first oil change I drained the oil yesterday filled up a 1/2-gallon milk container thats 64oz. Dealers are only adding 2 qts. People drive the mover only adding just 2 qts.

H

hlw49

In the shop where I work it is filled to the full mark on the dip stick. Would never do it any other way.

R

Rivets

As just stated, fill to the mark on the diploma. If it has a filter, run engine for 30 seconds and top off. This is one time i disregard what the specs say and use common sense.

G

GrumpyCat

The amount to fill depends on the amount drained. You never get it all out.

Fill to full on the dipstick. Use the manufacturer’s spec as a first approximation as to how much you need. Never need more than that.

B

bertsmobile1

Just bear in mind that the oil level is just short of the sump gasket on just about all mower engines so verify the dip stick
I have found engines with both ones that were too long and ones that were too short .

M

MParr

Toro Tinecutter 75755 (Toro Engine) ordering oil and filter kit for the mover its always 2 qts and filter. But manual calls for 81oz (2qts 64 oz thats 17 oz shy). When adding only 2 qts its 1/3 low on the dipstick fill mark. Is this normal only using 2 qts of oil. My first oil change I drained the oil yesterday filled up a 1/2-gallon milk container thats 64oz. Dealers are only adding 2 qts. People drive the mover only adding just 2 qts.
2 liters or 2.11 quarts. In other words, 2 quarts plus 3.5 ounces. Then, check your dipstick.