How much is this worth?

Threads
I have what I think is a Agco allis simplicity 413H. The rear plastic is cracked and at some point repaired with a metal piece and non matching orange spray paint so it looks weird. I am mostly wondering how much it’s worth.

I would post a picture but any picture I try to post says it’s too big for the servers to process

Threads
Also if it’s not worth anything would it be good to use for plowing since the weight is in the back? Or would it be worth making it a racing mower like swap the pulleys and larger jets in the carb?

Chuter

Threads
I had to Google this to find out what it is, I'm assuming it's shown in the attached photo. I don't really know the value, but suspect it isn't very high unless you find somebody who thinks these are really cool, or has one he needs spare parts for. The lack of response to your question probably supports that.

When you say plowing, I'm assuming you mean pushing snow. If it were really good for that, someone would probably have thought of it before, and you'd see lots of them. But new inventions come from someplace...

When I worked at the green tractor dealer in northern Michigan, we sold very few plows, mostly blowers, because piling the snow right next to the driveway only works once. It freezes harder than natural snow, since it's packed, and takes longer to melt. Blowers throw it farther away, so this is less of an issue. In warmer areas where the snow can melt between falls, plows might be more effective. And lawn/garden tractors don't have the ability to pile it up like 4WD pickups can.

Just thinking into the keyboard, at 415 pounds, it's very much a light weight, and probably wouldn't push a lot of snow, even with chains on the tires. Most snow blowers and plows for larger tractors are sold with weight kits, although that's partially to compensate for poor weight distribution, made worse after a heavy plow or blower is hung on the front. Steering it might be interesting too, with little weight on the front, and the plow digging in. If it's a 12.5 HP motor, you probably don't have enough to spin a blower effectively, and I think routing belts up there to drive it would be a nightmare. If you get a small amount of snow, have access to a small cheap plow, appropriate size tire chains, and some time and fabricating skills (or desire to learn) it might be an interesting project. We'll never know if it's a good idea or not until somebody tries it!

I don't know nuthin' about racing mowers, but if you wanted to hop up the motor (or find a bigger one) and use it for a runabout, that might be fun too.

Attachments

• 413H.jpg
    413H.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 2

Threads
I had to Google this to find out what it is, I'm assuming it's shown in the attached photo. I don't really know the value, but suspect it isn't very high unless you find somebody who thinks these are really cool, or has one he needs spare parts for. The lack of response to your question probably supports that.

When you say plowing, I'm assuming you mean pushing snow. If it were really good for that, someone would probably have thought of it before, and you'd see lots of them. But new inventions come from someplace...

When I worked at the green tractor dealer in northern Michigan, we sold very few plows, mostly blowers, because piling the snow right next to the driveway only works once. It freezes harder than natural snow, since it's packed, and takes longer to melt. Blowers throw it farther away, so this is less of an issue. In warmer areas where the snow can melt between falls, plows might be more effective. And lawn/garden tractors don't have the ability to pile it up like 4WD pickups can.

Just thinking into the keyboard, at 415 pounds, it's very much a light weight, and probably wouldn't push a lot of snow, even with chains on the tires. Most snow blowers and plows for larger tractors are sold with weight kits, although that's partially to compensate for poor weight distribution, made worse after a heavy plow or blower is hung on the front. Steering it might be interesting too, with little weight on the front, and the plow digging in. If it's a 12.5 HP motor, you probably don't have enough to spin a blower effectively, and I think routing belts up there to drive it would be a nightmare. If you get a small amount of snow, have access to a small cheap plow, appropriate size tire chains, and some time and fabricating skills (or desire to learn) it might be an interesting project. We'll never know if it's a good idea or not until somebody tries it!

I don't know nuthin' about racing mowers, but if you wanted to hop up the motor (or find a bigger one) and use it for a runabout, that might be fun too.
Thank you. I kind of forgot about this due to no one commenting. I am actually getting this from my school and we are going to pulley swap it so I can drive to school and back. It will hopefully be pretty fun until I get pulled over by the cops.😂

Chuter

Threads
Sounds like fun. Might check into local laws, so you know what you're up against. Might just have to add some lights. Add to the learning experience!

Threads
Sounds like fun. Might check into local laws, so you know what you're up against. Might just have to add some lights. Add to the learning experience!
Yeah I probably should. It’s only a mile and a half down some side roads (but in the city) so cross my fingers I should be ok.

4getgto

Threads
Yeah I probably should. It’s only a mile and a half down some side roads (but in the city) so cross my fingers I should be ok.
Dude we're so going to be seeing on this show.
1703543857420.png