How? Just how?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not even sure if I can explain this correctly. But here goes. I'm used one bad boy mower to pull another mower onto a trailer. Both needed repairs. That was successful. I tied them down and brought them to the shop. But tying the two together, and then undoing it, got weird.

Ok, picture a small (maybe 2") strap without the ratchet part of it. Just the long strap with the hook sewn into one end. About 2ft from the hook, is an old knot I'd tied into it years ago where it broke.

The end without the hook, I fed through a small slit, about 1/8th inch between two heavy gauge steel plates on a Bad Boy mower. The hook and the knot were way to big to fit through this slit. I put the hook into the hole on the back of the pulling mower, the other end I pulled out the slack and tied it all together on the existing knot.

When I got to shop and started untying all this, Something was very wrong. Keep in mind, the existing knot where I tied the strap was in the middle of the two mowers. So with the old knot, and the one I just tied, made the whole thing even more impossible to fit through the slit. But after getting it all untied, the hook was on one side of the slit, and the knot was on the other side of the slit. I didn't pull the knot through the slit nor the hook, when I tied it all up at first.

I seen a video on youtube a few months ago, where they had two knots in a string., that was through a smaller hole, and somehow maneuvered the string out of the hole, without pulling either knot through the hole. But I can't find it now.

Does any of this makes sense? It's got me baffled.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think it's magic..