How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

Craftsman Garage

Threads
I put a predator V twin on my push mower, it sounds like that is what the OP needs 😂

Skippydiesel

Threads
Sorry if this has been mentioned, earlier (several pages would not open for me).

Torque is a measure of the ability to do work - GYM 123 put it very well.

Combustion chamber capacity (cc or cu") is but one component of the engines' ability to deliver torque. Most of the old B&S yellow industrial engines, deliver way more torque for the same capacity (often lower hp) as a modern B&S because of longer conrods/larger flywheel/ possibly higher compression.

The comment "There's no replacement for displacement' is still valid ..." no longer holds good, with the possible exception of drag racing. A small high revving engine, (often high compression) transmitting power through gear box can & does deliver more torque, usually for lower fuel consumption.

The great unwashed (general public) just want something, that makes a noise, boast about the hp. That's why small motors almost always have HP boldly displayed on the side.

Auto Doc's

Threads
140 CC's size engine is approximately 9 HP at 3600 RPM. Most mowers are rated at a top speed of 3600 RPM.

Sounds like you are trying to mow thick tall grass, this engine will not handle that for very long.

Even a 20 HP engine would have a bit of a struggle.

I suggest a bigger mower. Putting a bigger engine on that small chassis will be too much work for no gain, and they don't make blade adapters for bigger engines like that. The push mower decks are light pressed steel in most cases, and a larger engine would destroy the mounting areas in a short time.

Spend the money and look at the commercial grade 36" self-propelled walk behind mowers.

Tiger Small Engine

Lawn Addict
Threads
140 CC's size engine is approximately 9 HP at 3600 RPM. Most mowers are rated at a top speed of 3600 RPM.

Sounds like you are trying to mow thick tall grass, this engine will not handle that for very long.

Even a 20 HP engine would have a bit of a struggle.

I suggest a bigger mower. Putting a bigger engine on that small chassis will be too much work for no gain, and they don't make blade adapters for bigger engines like that. The push mower decks are light pressed steel in most cases, and a larger engine would destroy the mounting areas in a short time.

Spend the money and look at the commercial grade 36" self-propelled walk behind mowers.
140 CC engine is about 3.5 to 4 horsepower.