HOW DO OTHERS LIKE THEIR ECHO PRODUCTS

Threads
All the Echo product owners out there: HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM?

D2hornets58

Threads
I have an echo backpack leaf blower and I like it. Never had any problems and it does a good job.

jamesemu

Threads
I have a 12" Bar; Echo CS301, which at one time when I got it years back, it was there lightest and am sure smallest.
But now I,m told it is superseded by an even lighter one at about 6 Lbs and 6 Ounces? They claim it to be the lightest out there?

My little Echo has been really good over the years.
I really like it a lot. I try to maintain it properly.

Only trouble I have had was in the last year or so, with lubrication of the bar and chain.

At first I thought the oil pump might need replacement, but was told the pumps almost never wear out.
Now I am trying to see if it might be in the rubber oil line. Oil appears to be dripping out below the bar, so maybe there is sop page somewhere. I tried to flush the oil tank. I believe on the end of the oil tube/line, there is some kind of tiny sponge filter?

Has anyone out there any ideas of what I should try?
Thanks
jamesemu
(new to the forum)

fsagames

Threads
:thumbsup:
All the Echo product owners out there: HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM?

I have had an ECHO 165mph Leaf Blower for 2 or 3 years now, and it's never missed a beat. Starts on the second pull every time. I've even dropped it a couple times while it was running and it truly takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

mullins87

Threads
I've got an Echo leaf blower that belonged to my grandfather. He bought back in the 80's, and I got when he passed away in '95. Two years ago it quit while my son was using it in the yard. It was very hot and I thought it had finally bit the dust. I went out and bought a cheapo Poulan. Well, after about 5 uses of the Poulan, I decided to see what was wrong with the Echo. After cleaning out the spark arrester screen and the carb, it ran perfectly. It still cranks on the second or third pull and blows the Poulan away. Guess which one I pick up first???

I wish I had never bought the Poulan.

mike_hrtb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am truly disappointed in my Echo products. When I started my business I started out with Echo due simply to the fact that they were one of the two major commercial brands in the area. I am now slowly but surely switching to Stihl. I've had every problem you can think of with Echo and tired of only getting 6 months of "good" use out of 'em. Actually took one back the same day I purchased it because it ran like a 10 year old Homelite. It seems as though they make their products to be throw aways because once they start running rough there's no bringing em back from the dead. I can't make money if I spend the first five minutes of each lawn screwing around trying to get my equipment running.

Threads
I am truly disappointed in my Echo products. When I started my business I started out with Echo due simply to the fact that they were one of the two major commercial brands in the area. I am now slowly but surely switching to Stihl. I've had every problem you can think of with Echo and tired of only getting 6 months of "good" use out of 'em. Actually took one back the same day I purchased it because it ran like a 10 year old Homelite. It seems as though they make their products to be throw aways because once they start running rough there's no bringing em back from the dead. I can't make money if I spend the first five minutes of each lawn screwing around trying to get my equipment running.

I'm sorry you have had bad experiences with your Echo products. I love all of mine.....2 trimmers, edger, and blower! Please tell me you purchased them from a dealer and not a place like Home Depot? :rolleyes:

themowerking20

Threads
I have a 12" Bar; Echo CS301, which at one time when I got it years back, it was there lightest and am sure smallest.
But now I,m told it is superseded by an even lighter one at about 6 Lbs and 6 Ounces? They claim it to be the lightest out there?

My little Echo has been really good over the years.
I really like it a lot. I try to maintain it properly.

Only trouble I have had was in the last year or so, with lubrication of the bar and chain.

At first I thought the oil pump might need replacement, but was told the pumps almost never wear out.
Now I am trying to see if it might be in the rubber oil line. Oil appears to be dripping out below the bar, so maybe there is sop page somewhere. I tried to flush the oil tank. I believe on the end of the oil tube/line, there is some kind of tiny sponge filter?

Has anyone out there any ideas of what I should try?
Thanks
jamesemu
(new to the forum)
Sounds like the oil pump
seal could be bad or the tank cracked (rare) check your line .....pinpoint your leak and post a pic i might can help ya..lol