hour meter

dull blade

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2008 Lazer Z that the hour meter stopped working, I checked it with 12 supplied voltage and introduced a ground, it stated working, I did my homework and read about the oil pressure switch supplying the ground for the hour meter (blue wire) pick up a new oil pressure switch and no change, works unplugged from the harness. I have an orange wire carrying battery voltage to the meter when switch in on, the blue wire is to supply the ground after the engine is started thru the green wire, I have continuity from the blue wire on the meter to the green wire on the pressure as I should, but with engine started hour meter does nothing, any ideas, am I over looking something, thanks for reading my post

dull blade

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the answers guys, here's what I have found out, with new oil pressure switch, key on, hour meter works fine, once motor is started it must be dropping the 12 volts feed, I may have to pick up a new ignition switch, I haven't checked any voltage yet but just sitting with key on the meter is clicking and tenth's are being counted, once I start the engine there is nothing.

dull blade

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok. what I did was to supply another ground to the blue wire, WORKS, on that run circuit is the pto switch and seat switch they both worked, what was lacking was when I would start the engine I'd loose the ground, go figure

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In DC electronics you can switch either side , power or ground and lot of mowers use ground switching

dull blade

Forum Newbie
Threads
After much reading and comparing testing of oil pressure switches I came up with the following:
my original switch was an open switch closing upon start-up thus supplying the ground to hour meter
the new superseded part is a closed switch going to an open switch on start up, I think that Kohler may have figured out that with the original if you lost oil pressure nothing happened, with the new if pressure drops out the switch closes and grounds out the coils shutting the engine, still at it though looking for a loose ground etc:
A word for my fellow brothers in arms that can't be here today because they gave the greatest gift of all to all of us, Thank You and you family for the sacrifice,