Hour meter

gdavis

Forum Newbie
Threads
John Deere X360 mower have had two seasons the hour meter reads over 400 hours. I normally mow about 1 hour a week. After 1 hour the meter reads 4 or 5 hours how can this be key is never left on when not mowing.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
John Deere X360 mower have had two seasons the hour meter reads over 400 hours. I normally mow about 1 hour a week. After 1 hour the meter reads 4 or 5 hours how can this be key is never left on when not mowing.

Time flies when your having fun? Seriously the hour meter is flawed if it is running that fast as 4 to 5 times time. I do not believe it is adjustable so I would replace the meter with a new one. :frown:

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
One other thing you can do is to check for 12 volts or power at the hour meter with a voltmeter or inexpensive test light to verify that there is not a short somewhere in the wiring. Of course make sure that the key is off. Oh and by the way :welcome: to the forum.

bruce4

Forum Newbie
Threads
One other thing you can do is to check for 12 volts or power at the hour meter with a voltmeter or inexpensive test light to verify that there is not a short somewhere in the wiring. Of course make sure that the key is off. Oh and by the way :welcome: to the forum.

Hello I just bought a ZT 42 and had a hour meter installed by dealer. I got it home and meter does not seem to work. It reads 0000.1 after two mows, about 1.7 hours of mowing. I called dealer he said check connections. I did and they seem fine. One wire P connected to a purple wire in key switch and one wire N to frame. Any idea why meter won't work?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like faulty meter or connections backwards