Hot exhaust kohler ch-730

dull blade

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an exmark Lazer Z with the kohler ch-730, 414 hours, it's a 2009 used for residential use only 1 to 2hrs a week question is does anyone know how hot the muffler should be running the tubes from head to muffler run around 300, but the muffler runs around 600, last summer it was missing and running extremely hot, my dealer found a blown intake gasket, thats the only problem in 14 years, thanks for any replies

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an exmark Lazer Z with the kohler ch-730, 414 hours, it's a 2009 used for residential use only 1 to 2hrs a week question is does anyone know how hot the muffler should be running the tubes from head to muffler run around 300, but the muffler runs around 600, last summer it was missing and running extremely hot, my dealer found a blown intake gasket, thats the only problem in 14 years, thanks for any replies
Depends on your ambient temp, humidity, in the shade or not, engine lean, normal or rich, any exhaust leaks prior to the outlet, block cooling fins all plugged up, fuel grade, fuel tank with water and so on............

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Anything less than red hot ≈ 700C is fine ,

lugbolt

Threads
they get hot

if you mow at dark, sometimes you can see the pipes have a very dull glow to them. That is normal.

if you have a cracking problem at those pipes, check your engine mounts. Kohler engines especially.

also failing ignition coils, e.g.,retarded ignition timing, can cause the exhaust to run hotter than normal. Also can cause blown head gaskets burned valves and a bunch of other things