Hose Routing

viperv10

Well-Known Member
My brother in law pulled off a hose on his mower thinking it was the fuel line but it wasn't. One end goes into a nipple on the plastic intake. The other end is a mystery. I think it is a pollution or vaccumm hose.
We can't find where is it goes. We can't find a nipple on the fuel tank or the engine anywhere. It is a small cheap troy-bilt 30inch cut rider. I can't tell what kind of engine it has. It just says 382 cc and OHV.
Mower model 13A726JD060 DOM 02120681 Serial # 1B1581320581 . I have seen on Tecumsehs were a hose comes from the crankcase and goes into the intake, but can't figure this one out.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Jerry
 
First lets check some model numbers. Not finding a 13A726JD060 Coming up with 13A726JD066. Also check DOM doesn't match the Serial number date of February 15, 2018. But if using the 066 model number appears to be the 7T84JUA MTD engine.

The base of the air cleaner housing should have a fitting on the back side of about 3/8 inch or so that would be the breather hose to the engine block. The end of the air cleaner housing should have a smaller maybe 3/16 fitting that would have a small hose that goes to the top of the tank and connects to the rollover valve which also doubles as the vent for the tank since the cap is not vented.

This should be your fuel tank with the rollover valve illustrated https://www.messicks.com/catalogs/c...ni-rider-13cc21jda10-2026/fuel-tank/fuel-tank

Ignore the Cub cadet reference because is the same tank as Troybilt
 
My brother in law pulled off a hose on his mower thinking it was the fuel line but it wasn't. One end goes into a nipple on the plastic intake. The other end is a mystery. I think it is a pollution or vaccumm hose.
We can't find where is it goes. We can't find a nipple on the fuel tank or the engine anywhere. It is a small cheap troy-bilt 30inch cut rider. I can't tell what kind of engine it has. It just says 382 cc and OHV.
Mower model 13A726JD060 DOM 02120681 Serial # 1B1581320581 . I have seen on Tecumsehs were a hose comes from the crankcase and goes into the intake, but can't figure this one out.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Jerry
That is a fuel vapor emission hose if it is at the top of the tank. Some were just tucked into a hole in the frame/chassis and others ran to a hole or nipple on the air cleaner base.

It is harmless unless it gets plugged up by an insect nest, because the fuel tank will begin to go into a vacuum if fresh air cannot get in through that hose. Gas caps no longer have a vent hole in them.
 
Thank you for your replies. I found a diagram of the fuel tank and I see that there is a nipple on the top for the vent hose.
I appreciate your help.
Jerry
 
Back
Top