Honda vs Snapper

rusty.jones47

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a VERY small yard and need a simple new mower. I like the Snapper S2265 and the Honda HRS 216PDA. I would love your opinions, experience, suggestions, etc on either one of these mowers.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to the Forum...
Either of the two will let you fit well in here..
The Snapper is around $290 but the Honda is $100 more @ $390... MSRP... Sale prices should make a big dif...
The snapper will cut slightly taller at 4 inches vs 3 1/2 for the Honda...
They seem fairly close in most things and for a small yard you may never appreciate any real difference...
It could be as simple as what do you prefer, a Briggs & Stratton OR Honda engine?? :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I own an old snapper push mower. Those things cannot be beat. The deck is so thick, the speed is variable, and parts are still available.

What you're looking at is basically a re-badged Craftsman for 15% more $!!!!

Go with a Hi-vac if your thinking Snapper:

HI-VAC® Walk-Behind Mowers by Snapper

This is virtually the identical mower as my 1987. They are more in the price range as the honda, and can be powered by a Kawasaki, if you'd like....or an OHV B&S.

I'm biased........:laughing:

If your choice is narrowed down to ONLY the two you mentioned, I'd actually go with the Honda - much as it hurts to say so......LOL

Last edited:

noma

Threads
welcome aboard Rusty jones 47

Again welcome aboard hope to hear a lot more from you in the near . I would go with the Honda to , i think they start easyer. At work we put then on pressure washer and they will start on the first or second pull usually, and they have a lot of good feathers on them too.:eek:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
welcome aboard Rusty jones 47

At work we put then on pressure washer

You wouldn't be using CAT pumps on the pressure washer, would you? :smile:KennyV

rusty.jones47

Forum Newbie
Threads
I forgot to mention that I also mulch almost always. I only bag when needed.

Any thoughts on the difference in mulching between these two?

rusty.jones47

Forum Newbie
Threads
One more thing regarding price. I have two local dealers that each sell one of the brands. None that I have found sell both. The Honda sells for exactly $100 more than the Snapper. I am a HUGE fan of other Honda products but not sure I should cough up the extra $100 for a basic mower.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
One more thing regarding price. I have two local dealers that each sell one of the brands. None that I have found sell both. The Honda sells for exactly $100 more than the Snapper. I am a HUGE fan of other Honda products but not sure I should cough up the extra $100 for a basic mower.

For a small yard, to me it would not be worth the extra $100 to buy Honda over Snapper. But then, to me, $250 for a self-propelled pusher is about the maximum I will pay. Is the warranty on either superior? Likely not....but if you are comfortable with the fit and feel of the Snapper (how it pushes, turns, etc.) I would stay with that one. IMO Honda is like Deere, you pay a premium for the name.

Just wondering, are you any relation to the "Rusty Jones" name that was used to sell car rustproofing in the 80's?