Honda Quadra Cut for Wet Grass?

WeatherBee

Forum Newbie
Threads
[Reposted this from the Honda forum. Mod: please delete that post.]

First time poster, long time lurker. I live in the PNW, where it rains pretty much constantly. I can't always wait to mow, or I end up with foot-high grass. I have a little Bolens 125cc mower that I bought when I had a rental house with a tiny lawn. I'm now on a quarter acre, and I am looking at upgrading. I have been considering the Honda HRN216VKA with the Quadra Cut system.

Anyone have any experience using this mower (or any Quadra Cut) to mow wet grass? Or any other recommendations for a good mower for wet, thick grass?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
For heavy rains and soggy grassy, you might be better off side slinging it.

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is one case where I would advise not buying a Honda.
From my point of view, the biggest draw back with the Honda's we get down here is the tiny discharge chute which clogs up fairly easy with dray grass that gets too long let alone wet grass.
You should be looking at a mower with an unobstructed rear discharge that is the full width of rear of the mower.
Not conversant with USA push mowers so can not recommend brands or models, just what you should be looking for.

HarmonySeeker

Threads
Do not use a Honda on wet grass.
You end up with a sludge resembling a health drink or finely ground cole slaw under the deck.
Wash it out from your deck and it makes great 'liquid grass' to spread on bare spots.

logert gogert

Threads
Do not use a Honda on wet grass.
You end up with a sludge resembling a health drink or finely ground cole slaw under the deck.
Wash it out from your deck and it makes great 'liquid grass' to spread on bare spots.
XD

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is XD? Times D? Extreme dumplings? Extra Dr. Pepper?

slomo

logert gogert

Threads
lol..... look at it as a face... the "X" is the eyes squeezed tight, because he's laughing, the "D" Is the mouth wide open.
it's litterally just a laughing face.

logert gogert

Threads
If you tilt your head sideways and look at it where the X is on top and the D is on bottom, youll probably see where im coming from

HarmonySeeker

Threads
I'm serious! I used a snow shovel to slurp it up into a 5 gallon bucket. Filled the bucket the rest of the way up with water. It looked just like a health drink smoothie.
Spread on bare spots.
I'll have to clean under the deck more often.
The plastic deck did wash up spic and span with water hose pressure only.
But the mower still didn't cut my lawn any smoother.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you tilt your head sideways and look at it where the X is on top and the D is on bottom, youll probably see where im coming from
Dude, you gotta pass me some of that pot you have LOL. I can't see it.

slomo