Honda Mower, Bad Bearing Sound

tpkoenigsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have not taken the time to troubleshoot or find the cause of a metal on metal bearing sound with my HRR2169VYA ! Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

gainestruk

Threads
I would just looked it up and it looks like bearing is built into wheel, I see new wheels on eBay from $5.85'up to $29.99 for 2.

tpkoenigsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would just looked it up and it looks like bearing is built into wheel, I see new wheels on eBay from $5.85'up to $29.99 for 2.
Unfortunately, it’s not in the wheels ! It’s an engine noise

gainestruk

Threads
Oh that's not good what kind of engine and all numbers on it please so we might diagnosis it.

Briantii

Threads
Does it go away when you engage the blade? If so probably the bearings on the clutch. Common issue and no big deal to replace if you have a vice.

tpkoenigsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unfortunately not ! From engine start to engine stop ! A continuous metallic sound ?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If does it the entire time, probably the connecting rod big end or small end.
Check the oil,be sure it isn't gas diluted.
Also sometimes valves will make noise when out of adjustment, but they usually quiet down sometimes

upupandaway

Threads
Have not taken the time to troubleshoot or find the cause of a metal on metal bearing sound with my HRR2169VYA ! Has anyone else experienced this problem ?
No offense but it could be several noises from loose valve train(minor) to piston slap(not good!!) to who knows what. Uploading a video would help tell you what your problem is.

Savvy Solver

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same issue. To determine if the noise is from the bearings, remove everything from the underside engine shaft including the drive pulley and run the mower, if good then it's bearing noise. I removed the bearing seals and cleaned and greased them but although better, it didn't completely eliminate the noise as one bearing had more wear than the other. Like you, I'd need a large vise to consider replacing both. Good luck!