Honda Lawnmower HRR2169VLA Oil leaking from Auto choke

zfk110

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda Lawnmower HRR2169VLA Oil leaking from Auto choke

I had this sitting for a while in storage, when I tried to start today, I have come across this issue as showing on this YT's video, any help? Thanks

Last edited:

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
did it get stood up or laid on its side?

zfk110

Forum Newbie
Threads
did it get stood up or laid on its side?
It was park normally on the floor for whole time, I was in apartment, so I wasn't using for 3 years. Both seals are OK, not cracked or dried out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From the top
1) fuel can not leak from an auto choke because it never gets any where the auto choke mechanism
2) using a You Tube video of some one elses problem is almost as silly as going there for advice.
Blind & ignorant leading the uninformed
3) the problem depicted is fuel leaking from the carburettor bowl vent hole
If this is your problem then clean the float valve
You will probably find it full of varnish . tar & gum
If it is rusty then toss the bowl & get a new one
ANd the genuine on line mower shops and your local parts store need your money
The worlds second richest thief does not so please buy it from a real person
That way to will avoid buying a defective one from Wee Fool Eu or one of his 10,000 aliases on evilpay or ammozone

zfk110

Forum Newbie
Threads
From the top
1) fuel can not leak from an auto choke because it never gets any where the auto choke mechanism
2) using a You Tube video of some one elses problem is almost as silly as going there for advice.
Blind & ignorant leading the uninformed
3) the problem depicted is fuel leaking from the carburettor bowl vent hole
If this is your problem then clean the float valve
You will probably find it full of varnish . tar & gum
If it is rusty then toss the bowl & get a new one
ANd the genuine on line mower shops and your local parts store need your money
The worlds second richest thief does not so please buy it from a real person
That way to will avoid buying a defective one from Wee Fool Eu or one of his 10,000 aliases on evilpay or ammozone
So I was able to fix the leaking issue, I took the carburetor out and cleaned all the gunk out from it , as showing in the picture there is no rust this almost brand-new machine, just had it for park for so long. Now I have another issue, it starts for 2 to 3 sec and then cuts off after using staring fluid in it. Without Starting fluid it won't crank, engine and gas is full in both tanks. Please see this video

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IOxTEJ4gDB8

Attachments

• 20220505_104625(1).jpg
    20220505_104625(1).jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
your carb is not working right. I am hoping you cleaned out the gas tank and lines also when you cleaned the carb? If not, do all of them and the carb again.

zfk110

Forum Newbie
Threads
your carb is not working right. I am hoping you cleaned out the gas tank and lines also when you cleaned the carb? If not, do all of them and the carb again.
When I cut the fuel line on, that fuel is running pretty good from it into the carburetor, when I took the carburetor out I can see fuel full in it, but when I took the spark plug out it's bone dry also I don't see any fuel going from carburetor to engine, its dry as well

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
When I cut the fuel line on, that fuel is running pretty good from it into the carburetor, when I took the carburetor out I can see fuel full in it, but when I took the spark plug out it's bone dry also I don't see any fuel going from carburetor to engine, its dry as well
Your intake valve may be closed, but besides that, the needle valve is not metering fuel flow properly.

zfk110

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took the cover and those valves are working fine, I don't feel them stuck they are moving freely

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
We're talking about 2 different things... your intake valve allows fuel into the engine when the piston moves down in the cylinder, and closes as the piston comes up to compress the fuel and combust.
the Needle valve is located in the carburetor. as a next step i would do everything described in this video... most likely the needle is just stuck from varnish/old gas