Honda HRX217TDA HELP!! GCV-190

Navysniper7

Forum Newbie
Threads
So last year the choke would not engage on my mower using the throttle lever. This year the decision was made to fix it. Several new parts were purchased, new springs, new linkage, new carburetor, new throttle cable, new clutch cable & new gaskets.
The good news is that it is now back to starting on one pull. When the throttle lever is in the choke position, the choke is engaged on the carburetor. But I have a serious issue & just can't seem to figure out what the issue is, let alone how to fix it, if possible. While using the the throttle level, the mower doesn't cycle through the various speeds, it is in WOT position. The throttle controls on the side of the mower work to engage the choke but the throttle on the carb is not being moved. The spring the connects to the bottom of the govern arm isn't doing anything. So what am I missing? How do I get control back to the throttle lever so that I have the ability to close the choke, have high speed & then have the ability to cycle the speed or revs down when I move the throttle lever? Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any help & or suggestions.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

Bertrrr

Threads
Once you set your throttle to any position the governor should take over , you should be able to see the governor assembly floating back and forth to manage the machines speed, if it does not, it could overspeed and cause lots of problems and actually throw a rod and tear up your machine. If this started after you worked on it , it's something you changed that caused it , go back over everything again and I bet you'll find it.