Honda HRX217K6VKA w/ GCV200 - Tapping noise when hot (valves?)

FarmForce

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda HRX217K6VKA w/ GCV200 - Tapping noise when hot (valves?)
Hi guys. I had to replace my trusty Husqvarna HU700H with the GCV160 last month and got a HRX VKA the latest K6 version. Mower is great, but when the engine is fully heated up after about 15 minutes mowing there is a tapping noise in the engine becoming audible. Nothing bad but noticeable and my GCV160 definitely did not have this. The mower is brand new and has less than 8 hours on the engine. I did change oil after the first 4 hours mowing and used Honda 10W-30.

Anyone have the same issue or knows what this is or if its normal?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Possibly, I would return mower since it is still under warranty. Information: valves should be adjusted when engine is cold.
Absolutely do as bertsmobile1 recommended, file your warranty with Honda online, then take mower to nearest Honda Dealer for warranty work.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do as Mark recommended but send your warranty registration for into Honda before you do so .

FarmForce

Forum Newbie
Threads
Now I noticed there is a little weeping from the valve cover as well. Not bad but finally a drip on the mower deck that gave it away. Home Depot wont take it back after 30 days, so I would have to go to a Honda dealer to fix it under warranty.