Export thread

Honda HRX217K6VKA w/ GCV200 - Tapping noise when hot (valves?)

FarmForce

FarmForce

Hi guys. I had to replace my trusty Husqvarna HU700H with the GCV160 last month and got a HRX VKA the latest K6 version. Mower is great, but when the engine is fully heated up after about 15 minutes mowing there is a tapping noise in the engine becoming audible. Nothing bad but noticeable and my GCV160 definitely did not have this. The mower is brand new and has less than 8 hours on the engine. I did change oil after the first 4 hours mowing and used Honda 10W-30.

Anyone have the same issue or knows what this is or if its normal?

M

mechanic mark

Possibly, I would return mower since it is still under warranty. Information: valves should be adjusted when engine is cold.
Absolutely do as bertsmobile1 recommended, file your warranty with Honda online, then take mower to nearest Honda Dealer for warranty work.

B

bertsmobile1

Do as Mark recommended but send your warranty registration for into Honda before you do so .

FarmForce

FarmForce

Now I noticed there is a little weeping from the valve cover as well. Not bad but finally a drip on the mower deck that gave it away. Home Depot wont take it back after 30 days, so I would have to go to a Honda dealer to fix it under warranty.