Honda HRX217HYA rotostop blade clutch popping out of gear

eomckamey

Threads
  • / Honda HRX217HYA rotostop blade clutch popping out of gear
Yes, the Honda HRC216HXA, specifies 3/4" to 1". As I mentioned previously our older mower (same commercial model) never experiences problem. Newer model does. So currently in process of trying various settings free play etc....to see if any cure coming about. Thank you for your response.

eomckamey

Threads
Not sure if you have resolved the issue: if not, have you assessed/adjusted the cable control free play? https://www.manualslib.com/manual/498109/Honda-Hrx217hma.html?page=47#manual
I have reset the free play (in 1/8" increments) to ALL of available clearances range recommended.
Still periodically have problem.

Again, does anyone have access to the Honda Service Bulletin back in 2009 to address this issue, (The fix at that time was to slightly bend (1 mm) the yellow Roto-Stop button contact surface).

eomckamey

Threads
the yellow lever lock button (14) abruptly releases... causing the blade to quit turning. It seems to periodically, pop off the roto-stop cable arm (11) when moving forward the handle and yellow button.
Yes...Have adjusted free cable play at a # of positions, within AND just outside Honda tolerance...3/4" - 1" free play....problem persists.

Prior post states, "Honda did publish a Service Bulletin back in 2009 to address this issue"....and could someone please provide me this specific service bulletin.